New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Assistance with writing a program

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

Hi all,

I have a program that I want to write. I need some help in how to go about it.

I am a Paramedic and I need to keep track of all the drugs that I give to patients for my own records. The actual official records are on a form that I hand in at the end of every shift and then don't have access to again.

The way I envisage it working is thus...

I go to a patient, treat them and then when I get back I take the unique patient number and enter it into the program.

After entering the patient number I scroll down a drop down list and then pick the drugs/interventions that I used/performed.

For example, I might go to a patient and give them Salbutamol. Salbutamol is given as a vapour through a mask and uses Oxygen. Therefore if I pick Salbutamol I automatically pick Oxygen as well. However I can sometimes give just Oxygen on it's own. Therfore all the drugs need to be individually selectable as well as using a smart pick type thing.

I would also like to have a list of interventions that I perform along the same line as the drugs. For example I may give a patient Clorphenamine, this is only given intravenously. Therfore when I select Clorphenamine I would also automatically select cannulation.

Once I have built up a load of these records I will need to be able to search them either via date, patient number, drug or intervention type.
For example I might need to search for all cannulations done during June 2007.

What I am really asking is how would I go about this and what software would you recommend that I use. I would ideally also like it to be able to run on a PC as well. That way I can give a copy to my work colleagues and they can run it at home.

Thank in advance for your help.

Cheese.
QUOTE Thanks
iRock

iRock will become famous soon enough

You want to do this with xCode?
QUOTE Thanks
Say_Cheese

Say_Cheese has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz

Not sure what I need to do it with.

Any suggestions on what program to buy would be appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "i cal" as it should have been (Idiot mac designers please note) | Adium group always disappears »