New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Safari Locks up while loading, cannot install updates or new beta

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joshuamcc

joshuamcc is on a distinguished road

When booting up Safari, it would get as far as loading up the first viewing window before becoming completely unresponsive. After several restarts, I decided to trash the app and download the most current version of Safari from apple.com. Yet the installer kept saying that my hard drive doesn't meet the requirements to install the .pkg file.

The only thing I could think of doing was trashing some of Safari's preference file, but I couldn't find any via Spotlight. Can anyone help me solve this without resorting to re-installing OSX Tiger? I am currently looking for my lost OSX disc in case that is my only option to resolving this matter.

P.S.
Today I tried installing the Safari 3 beta, yet it gave me the same error when trying to install.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple mail triggered Applescripts... | Final Cut Studio 2 on MBP »