Ypsilanti, MI
    15" MBP 2.4GHz 4GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    Final Cut Studio 2 on MBP
    I will be purchasing a MBP very soon and I'm going to want to do some video editing on it, mostly just gaming videos (such as World of Warcraft) I may get into normal real people videos too. I have the option to aquire Final Cut Studio 2 for a very reasonable price (free from my boss at work ) I noticed that this program takes up ALOT of space. Probably more than half of the HD on a MBP, but I also noticed that most of this is extras, are the extras really required to be able to make good videos? I have never done video editing before so I don't think I really need Final Cut Studio 2 seeing as I will just be starting out but I don't know any other programs seeing as I don't even have my MAC yet. Are there any other programs that are maybe lighter that would work well? What do most people use? thanks

Los Angeles, California
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    If you look at Apple applications, there is iMovie and Final Cut Express. There is also Avid Xpress Pro.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

Thread Information