New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Photoshop error

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Funky_Adry

Funky_Adry is on a distinguished road

hi guys!!

i need some help! i was using my photoshop on my mac OSX but since it had some problems i wanted to pass it over to my new computer mac.. i copied all the files to my external hardisk to transfer them .. but on the other computer ,when i start the application photoshop.. it says : FATAL ERROR-Missing component /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Version Cue CS3/Client/3.0.0/VersionCue.framework
i tried putting that folder in my new computer but it tells me to run photoshop installer and re-install it.. what should i do??
thanks soo much for your time!!!

ciaoz
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

I ran into that problem, and I tracked down and dragged over every Photoshop file and Adobe file I could find, even searching for invisibles. Nothing worked. Maybe I keep missing something, but I had to reinstall from the disk each time.

I run Photoshop 7, not only because I'm too cheap to upgrade but because the same version runs in OS 9. Copying the files doesn't work in that case, either. It appears to have very tight anti-pirating routines built in.
QUOTE Thanks
Funky_Adry

yeah.. the last time my computer broke down.. i had to re-install it.. cause it gave me the same photoshop error.. and after it worked perfectly..
i'll try what you adviced me!!
Thanks for ya time!!

ciaoz
QUOTE Thanks
lrrry

lrrry is on a distinguished road

Pretty hard to transfer files to copy software, especially Photoshop or any of the latest CS versions. You can, however, "clone" your whole HD and I've heard it will work.
When you first buy a computer, there's an option to copy a complete HD from another onto it (clone), which I did and successfully copies all of the Adobe products. I've also transfered software using Migration Assistant but haven't used it much.

L
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Quote:
i tried putting that folder in my new computer but it tells me to run photoshop installer and re-install it.. what should i do??
Erm, how about reinstalling it?

But I suspect you don't have an original CD. Am I right?
QUOTE Thanks
Funky_Adry

i finally think i'm gonna re-install it.. maybe that's gonna be the easiest and safest way it will work well!! thanks irrry 4 ya advice!!

ciaoz
QUOTE Thanks
Funky_Adry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
Erm, how about reinstalling it?

But I suspect you don't have an original CD. Am I right?
no it's because i'm not at home and wanted to use photoshop.. so i'll have to wait to return home and re-install it.. grazie for your time!!
ciaoz
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MSN Messenger | LOTRO ~ Lord of the Rings Online »