Camino 1.5 released
    Camino 1.5 has just been released and it does look sweet. Just a reminder that Camino is Mac OS X-only but runs on Mozilla’s Gecko rendering engine.

The list of new features looks very impressive. Just to name a few, Camino gains with this latest version session saving (ooh! now that is a godsend! - this means that if ever your browser crashes or when you quit the program, it will memorize the webpages you had open), spell-checking, RSS feed detection, and better tabs system.

I'm gonna give this baby a try tonight.

MacBook Pro 15", 2.4ghz C2D 4gb RAM,320gb WD Black 7.2k RPM. + iPhone 8Gb
    got it using it now and loving things like the spell checker as i suck at spelling being dyslexic as i am.

tbh i think it has haply over taken fire fox as the best mac browser out there

Modesto, Ca.
    iMac late 2007 10.11.b4, iMac 2008 10.10.5, Macbook2007 10.7.5, Mac Mini 10.7.5, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!
    Installed it yesterday. Works great so far. I finally figured out the Spell Checker. It will highlight the misspelled words but you have to Control-Click on the underlined word to bring up the spellcheck window. Been using Camino here as a backup to Safari for 2 years now. Glad this version finally came out. Missed Spell Checking.

Yep I've had Camino on my Macs for a couple of years as well except I rarely used it in the end, I felt it lacked some features I really wanted: however it was a nicer alternative to Firefox for me because the interface was much more Mac-like than Firefox's Windoze-y look and feel.

So can hardly wait to get home and download it once again!

I have always used Camino for the simplicity and just seems to load pages better than Safari. Hopefully their tab system has been fixed, I don't like how it sometimes opens up certain links in new windows...just annoying, I'm going to give it a try right now!

Southern California
    Macky the Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i5 4GB Ram, Mr.Pink 16GB White iPhone 4
    I'm trying it out right now. I like it!

Birmingham (S), UK
    20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
    I'm sticking with Safari, I haven't had much success with the Mozilla Engine on Mac's, it's just not as responsive as it could be and feels kind of clunky, but Camino 1.5 is defiantly an improvement but I'll stick with Safari for the time being anyway.
    Damien Healy
    iMac 20" OSX 10.4.9 Tiger | |

I like it, it's a pretty decent improvement!

Thread Information