New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Entourage and my PDA

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Pigchops

Pigchops is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook

Hi,

Although I've used a Mac at home for some time, I've just switched to a Mac at work on which I'm running Entourage. When I'm out and about I use a HP iPaq running Windows Mobile and connected to my firm's exchange server which allows me to automatically send and receive email on the move (like Blackberry).

When I was running Outlook, messages sent from my PDA would appear in the "sent items" folder of Outlook as a normal email with them being filed under the correct date and time they sent. However, with Entoutage the messages: (a) are filed under the date and time I next connect my Mac to the firm's network (in other words, a message sent over the weekend would show up under the sent items for Monday when I'm back at my desk); and (b) in many instances the messages won't display properly and are illegible code.

I'm puzzled because the iPaq works independently of the Mac - it's a Windows connection with the Exchange server. For some reason, Entourage treats email sent this way different to any other email including Webmail which displays properly.

Any ideas on how to remedy this?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
wodonwong

wodonwong is on a distinguished road

Hi there!
You are not the lonely one. I have the exact problem! Running Outlook via Parallels Desktop works though. Are there any account settings in Entourage that we missed?
Don
QUOTE Thanks
Pigchops

Pigchops is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook

Hi Don! Glad to hear I'm not alone!

After much digging on the Internet, it looks like Microsoft are fully aware of the problem but not doing anything about it:

http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=926521

Hopefully they'll resolve it with Office:Mac 2008.....
QUOTE Thanks
wodonwong

Too bad! Also, the ISP confirmed to my system administrator that there is no mistake in my Entourage account settings. Microsoft again **** off their customers.
One more example, my company has set up firewall for internet access. PC version MSN Messenger can go through by HTTP PROXY without opening the port in the firewall.
The latest MAC version MSN Messenger did not yet support that feature and I am still looking high & low for Mac IM softwares which don't require releasing the ports. I have tried Mercury, Adium, Yahoo Messengers...
Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Why not just set up forwarding for when you're out of the office, have the e-mail go to a 3rd party address (either at your ISP or an on-line service) and then have the PDA download from there? It's a crappy way around it, but it works. I actually do this with my Palm Treo and my Mail server.

QUOTE Thanks
wodonwong

Dear baggss,
I have no problem in using MS Active Sync Push Mail on the mobile device itself. I can send and recive via the mobile device perfectly. However, when email was send via the mobile device, the Entourage email client could not sync correctly in its "SEND" folder the emails sent, that's all. PC Outlook can sync the files without any problem.
QUOTE Thanks
djames42

djames42 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodonwong View Post
One more example, my company has set up firewall for internet access. PC version MSN Messenger can go through by HTTP PROXY without opening the port in the firewall.
The latest MAC version MSN Messenger did not yet support that feature and I am still looking high & low for Mac IM softwares which don't require releasing the ports. I have tried Mercury, Adium, Yahoo Messengers...
Not sure what you mean there -- I use Adium at work and it supports routing via http proxy just fine...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screenshot program? | Looking for a mass mailer / mail list app »