New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Flip4Mac problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

PKJecca

PKJecca is on a distinguished road

Okay, so I already have Flip4Mac installed and it's been great. However, there is one internet radio site that for whatever reason, it won't play. It suggests turning off Flip4Mac and using Windows Media Player (which I also have installed) but I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work either.

The website I am trying to listen to is:
http://www.radiomatanga.com/

If anyone can figure out how I can listen to this, I would be extremely grateful!

~ Jessica
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Could you tell us which Mac / OS version you have.
QUOTE Thanks
PKJecca

Yeah, I'm using an iBook G4 running Mac OS X 10.4.9

I've tried with both Safari 2.0.4 and Firefox 2.0.0.3 and neither have worked.
QUOTE Thanks
PKJecca

They have changed their website, so this is a link to the new media player they are using.

http://player.spacialnet.com/players...&publisherID=0

I also updated my Flip4Mac software and am now running 2.1.1.70

I am still looking for help and if anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKJecca View Post
Okay, so I already have Flip4Mac installed and it's been great. However, there is one internet radio site that for whatever reason, it won't play. It suggests turning off Flip4Mac and using Windows Media Player (which I also have installed) but I've tried that and it doesn't seem to work either.

The website I am trying to listen to is:
http://www.radiomatanga.com/

If anyone can figure out how I can listen to this, I would be extremely grateful!

~ Jessica
Well, first off you shouldn't have BOTH of those installed. They tend to not play nicely together. That said, even without WMP installed, I can't seem to get it to work (in fact I'm pretty sure it crashes Firefox without fail). I would report this to the Flip4Mac guys so that they can address any compatibility issues associated with this.

EDIT: Ah, you did disable Flip4Mac when testing then. I read that wrong. Well, my below post is redundant then.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all
Mac Specs: G4 Tiger and OS 9

The station uses Flash. I pulled the Flash plugins and the silence was deafening. Download a new installation here.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Brown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to allBrown Study is a name known to all

Wow, maybe I spoke too soon. Nothing works when I click on a button to get past the sound loop to the same page as the link posted above. That second page freezes Firefox, too. I have to force quit it.

Safari gets to the link above, but nothing happens.
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

I just did a double check with only Windows Media Player's plugins installed, and while it doesn't crash Firefox, it doesn't work either. This is definitely something you just need to let the Flip4Mac guys know about.
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

That page at the the new media player link, above, is evil.

I was using Safari and clicked on the link and was hit with a kernel panic.

I rebooted, and the dock, of all things, reappeared across the bottom of the page, loaded with all its default doodads. I keep it empty, tiny and hidden on the left side of the screen.

So more than likely the sound problems are the fault of that page. I tried Firefox with it once more after the kernel panic, and it hung again.
QUOTE Thanks
PKJecca

Okay, so this is what I heard back from the Flip4Mac people:

Hi Jessica,
The site is written in JavaScript and out QT wrapped player has conflicts with some of these sites. We are working on a fix for the summer release.
Sorry, Stay tuned.

Best Regards,
Ben Brown Sr
Flip4Mac Support

In the meantime, my friend who is a DJ for the radio station sent me a direct link to the streaming audio so that I can just listen to it through iTunes.

Thanks to everyone who helped me with this... I really appreciate it and I'm sorry if it caused problems on your systems!

~ Jessica
QUOTE Thanks
Brown Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKJecca View Post
. . . I'm sorry if it caused problems on your systems!
Nah. It was no big deal, and it wasn't your fault, anyway.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Screw Toast 8 | Microphone not recognized »