Specs:
    2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
    An Idea For Safari
    Hey guys! Haven't posted in a while. Hope everyone is doing well.

I've noticed for a while that even at the age of 21, I'm becoming blind as a bat. More specifically, when I'm searching for terms within a page in Safari, I can never get my eyes to find the highlighted text matching my query...

This might sound like a dumb idea, but does anyone know of a program that takes advantage of coreimage/core animation and slightly dims the content of a page... leaving a neat shadow around the search terms found in a page? Once an arrow key is pressed or a mouse click is made, the screen will return to normal. Upon pressing apple G again to find the next query in the page, it dims again and bounces down to the next search query. It'll take some time to make a mockup.

Dumb idea? Good idea? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Specs:
    Mac Mini, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, Apple TV 4th Gen, Apple Watch (38mm Link Bracelet)
    Very good idea. In fact it's so good, that Apple is already implementing it in Safari that will be released with Leopard.

Apart from that, I don't know of other apps. You're not alone, I can't seem to change the color of my highlight, which is gray and on a mac-forums background it really sucks.
    If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System by hitting the icon on the left.

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    EDIT: Beat me to it Yogi

Great idea - I notice this issue all the time as well.

Luckily Apple has us covered: This feature will be included in Safari 3, included with OS X Leopard:

http://www.musingsfrommars.org/2006/...pard-lust.html

Specs:
    iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
    there is an app called OmniDazzle...it wont help u find ur words the first time, but it will keep u from using ur eyes once u've found it.
    iMac Aluminum 20" 2.4 ghz 2gb RAM 300gb HD
    iMac 20" Core2duo 2gb 250gb
    Macbook White Core2duo 2gb 80gb
    Powermac G4 dual 450

Specs:
    iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
    I would like to see (I have 20/20) that for those who could benefit from it, like the two folks above me. Personally, I'd like to see more options with it, and more combinations for those options. I would love to be able to get rid of my bookmarks bar, but I don't think that is possible. I would also like for Safari to handle images a little better. If there is an image on a page, my scrolling gets extremely jerky and I can never stop where I want it to. Every PC I've ever used with IE has had smooth-as-silk scrolling no matter what, I'd like for the next Safari to be competitive at least.
    No iMac.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Quote Originally Posted by UserofMacOSX View Post
    I would like to see (I have 20/20) that for those who could benefit from it, like the two folks above me. Personally, I'd like to see more options with it, and more combinations for those options. I would love to be able to get rid of my bookmarks bar, but I don't think that is possible. I would also like for Safari to handle images a little better. If there is an image on a page, my scrolling gets extremely jerky and I can never stop where I want it to. Every PC I've ever used with IE has had smooth-as-silk scrolling no matter what, I'd like for the next Safari to be competitive at least.
    View Menu.

Specs:
    2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
    That's great news to hear! Now I really can't wait for leopard . I will try out the omnidazzler program anyway . Thanks for all of the great suggestions/comments!

Specs:
    2.0ghz 15" Core Duo MBP
    Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Aptmunich View Post
    EDIT: Beat me to it Yogi

Great idea - I notice this issue all the time as well.

Luckily Apple has us covered: This feature will be included in Safari 3, included with OS X Leopard:

http://www.musingsfrommars.org/2006/...pard-lust.html
    LOL. The screenshot of the searching in that blog is EXACTLY what I wanted lol.

Thread Information