New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problem burning DVD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

andrebnu

andrebnu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB

Guys,

Yesterday was the first time I ripped a DVD on my brand new mac. Seems to me that something went wrong, but I'm not sure as I'm not used to it yet.

I wanted to make a backup of a DVD that I own, so I used MacTheRipper to rip the DVD to my hard disk.

It created a folder for the video_ts and audio_ts files, exactly what I wanted.

Then I used Toast Titanium to burn these files into a new DVD.

As it was the first time I used toast, I assumed I should use the "video_ts" option. Dragged the folder to toast, set up the config, and started burning.

Everything seemed all right so far, and, at the end of the process, toast asked me if I wanted to MOUNT or EJECT the dvd...

I then ejected the dvd, and inserted the disc again to see if it was ok for playback.

The DVD player opened with a black screen, nothing happened.

i then noticed that the DVD was not mounted on my desktop.

I pushed the "play" button of the DVD player, and it said that there wasn't any known type of video to be played. (I'm really not sure right now what was the correct message).

I then ejected the DVD through the eject button of the keyboard (remember, it was not mounted on the desktop), and tryied it 2 more times. Nothing different happened.

I was almost sending my DVD disc to the trash, when I decided to try it on my DVD player.

It played fine, as expected.

What ....I burned a DVD that plays on my DVD player, but not on my macbook.

What have I done wrong?

tks in advance

PS: I'm brazilian, sorry if it's not 100% comprehensible.
QUOTE Thanks
andrebnu

andrebnu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB

I was pretty sure that somebody would be able to help me with that. no one?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Select the video tab and also select the DVD video from video_ts button from the format tab.

I also use DVD-Rs, since most player can read them.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
mquinta

mquinta is on a distinguished road

tell me andrebnu, how much time did it take to mactheripper full rip your dvd?
and how much space did it take on your hard disk?
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

mquinta, I can not tell how long it takes to rip., but the size is the same as the movie you are ripping. Which I believe can from 1 to 8.5GB depending on the movie.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« importing into imovie | safari quarks »