New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

New Mac user here!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrs.biggo

mrs.biggo is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone! :p I'm new to the world of apple comps. and I have a few (well...maybe a lot!) of questions concerning compatibility issues with other programs. Am I posting in the right place?? Let me know, if you can, and I'll post my queries where necessary.

Thanks a bunch!
mrs.biggo
QUOTE Thanks
DVaris223

DVaris223 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, iPhone

This would be where you would post your questions about programs for your computer. Just make sure to specify your OS, and the version of the program that's in question.

Welcome, and get ready to change the way you think about computers :black:

QUOTE Thanks
Carol247

Carol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really niceCarol247 is just really nice
Mac Specs: imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0

Welcome Mrs.biggo, it's nice to have you here. Your questions will always be respected here and it's a great place for new Mac owners to hang out. Look over the forum and check out the switchers thread for lots of great info about your new Mac. You're in for nice surprises as you use your Mac. Hope to see you around often.

"We have enough youth, what we need is a fountain of smart"! - Unknown
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Welcome mrs.biggo! May you unlearn the bad things from the Windows world. May you also discover how much you can do with your new machine, and how much fun you can have doing it!

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Welcome! I just switched over last fall and I love my Mac and you will find this forum to be very, very helpful.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, mrs.biggo. And welcome to the Mac platform.

If a search doesn't bring any results or answers to your questions, then yes, by all means, start new threads in the sub-forums where they are appropriate. Examples: hardware questions like a failing hard drive on an iMac G5 would go the in Hardware section, in the iMac/Mac Mini sub-forum.

Just remember that the title of the topic is quite important: it has to be as descriptive as possible to help others search for the same problem you are having. Topics titled something like HELP!!!!!!! doesn't help much the search.

And since you're new to Mac, take a look at a wonderful thread eric put together, Mac-Forums Switchers FAQ and Information. That thread has proven itself to be quite helpful to many members here who just switched.

Well enjoy your Mac and if you need help, we're here for you! :girl:
QUOTE Thanks
mrs.biggo

mrs.biggo is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I will definately peruse Mac-Forums Switchers FAQ and Information before I start my postings. Most of my basic questions have to deal with "are most/any/all programs compatible with the Mac", refering to the likes of Adobe, Paint Shop, etc. But let me first wander through the forum and I am sure I'll have questions! Not very comp-savy here! And MacHeadCase....I LOVE your avitar! *snork* One of my all-time favorite characters!

Thanks again!
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

One ringy dingy...
QUOTE Thanks
mathogre

mathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant futuremathogre has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
One ringy dingy...
Is this the party to whom I am speaking?

Evil Math Ogre Kgh-Ra
Integrate me. Differentiate me.
You can't hurt me. I'm e^x. Ha ha ha!

Homepage | Gallery
I was on the M-F honor roll for July 2007.
QUOTE Thanks
lbfan29

lbfan29 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive

hi everyone..i am finally using my new imac. Just got it like an hour ago. I have alot of questions being that this is my first mac ever, but first i would like to start with..where do you go to find all of the information about your system..i.e. how much ram, gigabytes, etc.. number two when you open a program like ichat or dashboard, how do you know if you closed it, and how do you close it properly. i keep clicking the x in the upper left hand corner of the window. thanks for your help
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

ibfan, choose About this Mac from the Apple menu. As for programs, you can tell if they are still running as they will have a little black triangle under the dock icon if they are. Press Apple-Q to quit a program, or right-click the dock icon and use the Quit menu option.
QUOTE Thanks
lbfan29

lbfan29 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: imac 17" intel core duo, 512mb,160gb, super-drive

thanks knight...i was also wondering is there anyway to transfer your documents from a pc to a mac without having to buy a program?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

How To Move To Mac —Move your files using a network
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to trick game into thinking cd is in drive? | ilife '06 on iBook G3? »