New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

PowerBook - safari quarks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MILKBONE

MILKBONE is on a distinguished road

for some reason whenever i try to load ebay, or yahoo or several other sites with safari they all come up as if the pictures are unable to load. Ive tried deleting cookies and other basic stuff that probly doesn't actually have an effect on this problem. Has anyone else had problems like this with safari, or know how to fix them?
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Not a hardware issue.
Moving to appropriate software forum.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Open Safari's Preferences and the Appearance tab. Make SURE "Display Images when page opens" is checked. Not sure if that is the problem but pictures will not load if that is not checked. If yours is, how is your computer connected to the net? DSL? Cable? Do you have a router?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (45.7 KB, 5 views)
QUOTE Thanks
MILKBONE

my apartment complex has a high speed ethernet connection in all the rooms. I just hooked up a router a few weeks ago tho. also this is a recent problem i.e. within the week or so.
QUOTE Thanks
giulio

giulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nicegiulio is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iPod Touch | iPod Nano

Hmmmm.... try to load those images by themselves. Not in a web page. Also try the same tests in a different browser.
It could be that something is blocking the image servers.

schweb This has to be one of the best threads ever in MF history...
Cherokee This gets my vote for most innovative thread on Mac-Forums... ever.
QUOTE Thanks
MILKBONE

I tried clicking on the images seperately and they still come up as blue question marks or not at all. Its doing the same thing on amazon.com as well. what could be blocking the image servers?
QUOTE Thanks
fiveightandten

fiveightandten has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Macbook Black 2.0GHz C2D- 120GB/2Gb * Mac Mini G4 1.42GHz- 80GB/512MB

Quarks are subatomic constituents of matter.

Quirks are peculiarities of behavior.

-Nick
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILKBONE View Post
for some reason whenever i try to load ebay, or yahoo or several other sites with safari they all come up as if the pictures are unable to load. Ive tried deleting cookies and other basic stuff that probly doesn't actually have an effect on this problem. Has anyone else had problems like this with safari, or know how to fix them?
Have you tried an alternative browser like Firefox or Opera, just to eliminate your router/firewall as the cause?

I don't wasnt to try and convert you, but I have tried Safari many times and really wan to love it, but almost every time I use it, something odd happens so I end up back with FF.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem burning DVD | Getting Frontrow to work on my powerbook »