New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

NeoOffice 2.1 released

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacHeadCase

NeoOffice has been updated to version 2.1 today and is available for download for PowerPC and Intel-based Macs.

This latest version allows you to open, edit and save Microsoft Office 2007 files.

You'll need 10.3.9 or later to run the suite. Read all about it by clicking the link.
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

The link doesn't work....Maybe their server is overloaded
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Another very nice catch - thanks!

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
voiceofra

voiceofra has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM

2.1 rocks. I like the new toolbar icons (the old ones looked very Windows 3.1-ish) and despite the huge download, the app itself is very zippy on my Macbook.
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD

I want to download it but the page won't load for me

White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/
QUOTE Thanks
wanderluster

wanderluster is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook (white), Core Duo 2 ghz, 2 GB RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofra View Post
2.1 rocks. I like the new toolbar icons (the old ones looked very Windows 3.1-ish) and despite the huge download, the app itself is very zippy on my Macbook.
Neooffice zippy on a macbook? unless they made some major changes to 2.1 I find that hard to believe. Neo office is slooooooooooooooooooooooow on mine with few other apps running and 2 gb RAM. I'm actually thinking of just buying MSword:confused: well as soon as I get neooffice's page to load i'll check out the new version

BTW--does anyone know if it's possible to streamline Neooffice by getting rid of spreadsheet, etc? All I need is the word processor. Thanks!:flower:

:black: White MacBook CoreDuo 2 Ghz, 2 GB RAM, and lots of gear on the side:headphone
QUOTE Thanks
voiceofra

voiceofra has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderluster View Post
Neooffice zippy on a macbook? unless they made some major changes to 2.1 I find that hard to believe. Neo office is slooooooooooooooooooooooow on mine with few other apps running and 2 gb RAM. I'm actually thinking of just buying MSword:confused: well as soon as I get neooffice's page to load i'll check out the new version

BTW--does anyone know if it's possible to streamline Neooffice by getting rid of spreadsheet, etc? All I need is the word processor. Thanks!:flower:
I don't know what to tell ya...I've got only 768M on my MacBook and the Intel build of NeoOffice starts up fine.
The start up splash screen has ALWAYS taken about 5-10 seconds to load up, but it did that REGARDLESS of what plaform or variation of OpenOffice I used, whether it was OpenOffice or NeoOffice - Mac, Linux, Windows.

The site must be suffering the "slashdot" effect after the word got out about the release of 2.1.
When I visited late last night/this morning, the page loaded fine.

If all you need is a word processor, NeoOffice is overkill.
Try abiword
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD

I finally was able to download, it is beautiful! Check it out!
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (42.0 KB, 50 views)

White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofra View Post
I don't know what to tell ya...I've got only 768M on my MacBook and the Intel build of NeoOffice starts up fine.
The start up splash screen has ALWAYS taken about 5-10 seconds to load up, but it did that REGARDLESS of what plaform or variation of OpenOffice I used, whether it was OpenOffice or NeoOffice - Mac, Linux, Windows.

The site must be suffering the "slashdot" effect after the word got out about the release of 2.1.
When I visited late last night/this morning, the page loaded fine.

If all you need is a word processor, NeoOffice is overkill.
Try abiword
I actually have both Office 2004 and NeoOffice installed. I actually find myself using NeoOffice more than Office. Not because the load times are short - far from it, but because the NeoOffice interface feels a lot more friendly to me - it's actually more like Office 2003 on my PC at work than the actual Microsoft implementation on Mac. And to tell you the truth, once it gets started, it does seem pretty zippy compared to MS Office.

I never would have believed it if I didn't experience it for myself.

EDIT: Ya know, I'm playing around with this new version as I write this, and it's even zippier than the last version. Even start-up is fairly quick. Maybe it is time to dump MS Office (at least on the Mac).

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Slokunshialgo

Slokunshialgo will become famous soon enough

All, I can say, is that hopefully this solves my problems of it crashing whenever I try to close it. Odd timing, I know, but annoying as can be, especially when it need to recover the file when I open it next...

Oh, and Cheers to the OOo and NO community! When I have a choice, I use it 99% of the time!

PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 2 GM RAM, Total 750 GB HDD, Windows Vista Business (For gaming), Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (64-bit), Slackware 12 (For GTK# coding)
Mac: 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, Mini
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

Good find MHC thanks!

*Virtual Rep as it won't let me give you any more at the moment*

~~ TS ~~

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

Thanks for the heads up! I have been waiting for the new version.
QUOTE Thanks
Adam

Adam will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4

excellent... was using it this morning and didn't prompt there was a new one so downloading it now
QUOTE Thanks
plusfortyfour

plusfortyfour is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: White Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz/1GB RAM/250 GB HDD

Thx man. Downloading it now.
QUOTE Thanks
eric

eric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond reputeeric has a reputation beyond repute

this'll be on the list of things to do in a few days when i'm off work again.

good find MHC!

Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« parallels | blue phone elite! »