New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Adobe CS3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Adam

Adam will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would let you know that overnight Adobe has updated its UK store.. everything is showing as as CS3 - preorder now... all the CS2 stuff is still there (have fun finding it)

Ad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (138.6 KB, 36 views)
QUOTE Thanks
TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really niceTenderSurrender is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)

Just incase anybody wants links directly to the photoshop page (where you can find links to pre-order)

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/photoshop/photoshop/ <-- UK

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/photoshop/ <-- US

~~ TS ~~

JEMDNA Photography - Clicky to see latest work
“Punk is not dead. Punk will only die when corporations can exploit and mass produce it.”
QUOTE Thanks
mikeyman

mikeyman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone

CS3 beta
thats the cs3 beta if anyone is interested, i believe you need to own a copy of cs2 to be able to run it

QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

£1000 - £2100. I could buy a car for that.

And you have to choose between Photoshop and Illustrator OR Dreamweaver and Flash unless you want the premium editions.

People design for print AND design for web, which Adobe is happily ignoring or blatantly cashing in.
QUOTE Thanks
mikeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis View Post
£1400 - £1600. I could buy a car for that.
I agree, i think the software is overpriced.
how can anyone afford it at that price?
I'm going to stick with cs2 until i have my motorbike then i might concider investing in it.
I will try and get student discount again

QUOTE Thanks
Adam

What kinda bike mikeyman?

Well I just got Illustrator CS2 way cheaper than the Adobe site. Even if I pay for the upgrade with Adobe it works out a couple of hundred quid cheaper. Not sure I use it enough to warrant the upgrade.. I do like new things
QUOTE Thanks
mikeyman

Quote:
What kinda bike mikeyman?
Well, i dont no weather to get a 50cc this year or wait until im 17 and get a 125.
I really just want to get my insurance sorted so when i can afford a kawasaki ninja or honda fireblade i will be able to afford it.

Do you have a motorbike?

QUOTE Thanks
Adam

No... dreaming still for that fireblade

My olds wouldnt let me get a bike when I was 16.. or 17.. gits so haven't got round to it yet but I love em !
QUOTE Thanks
mikeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
No... dreaming still for that fireblade

My olds wouldnt let me get a bike when I was 16.. or 17.. gits so haven't got round to it yet but I love em !
My mums not to keen on the idea
but my dad thinks its great for some reason?
for a guy that got hit my a lorry and had a metal shin etc im surprised

Reckon you will get round to getting a bike?
Whats your form of transport now?

QUOTE Thanks
Adam

Yeh at some point... old enough now to do my direct access course so when I find the time I will do it!

Legs and car at the moment!
QUOTE Thanks
kman445

kman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nicekman445 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 27" 5k imac i7, 295x

bikes are the best (wow did this topic ever get off topic). To bad were i live i can only drive for 5 months of the year, and it rains most of that time

"I asked who i am to her, and she yelled god"
QUOTE Thanks
slashjunior

slashjunior is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, 80GB Video iPod (Black)

My fiance is on a Computer Aided Design course and she uses Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and Inventor regularly. If it wasn't for torrent sites she would have been screwed.

Maybe people who do this for a living can afford this, but not students.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Torrents of applications are illegal, and almost every school that uses the software has incredible discounts on software for the students

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashjunior View Post
My fiance is on a Computer Aided Design course and she uses Photoshop, Flash, Illustrator and Inventor regularly. If it wasn't for torrent sites she would have been screwed.

Maybe people who do this for a living can afford this, but not students.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41 View Post
Torrents of applications are illegal, and almost every school that uses the software has incredible discounts on software for the students
Precisely. I am a Graphic/Multimedia Design degree major. I use Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, AfterEffects, Dreamweaver, Flash, Final Cut Pro, and a quite a few more apps every day for school. I had to purchase all of those and all were purchased with a student discount. I literally saved thousands of dollars.

If for any reason I couldn't afford them (even with the student discount), every computer at the school has all of this software installed and there are plenty of labs and time available to use those labs. There would be absolutely no need to pirate the software.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Richie_Gecko

Richie_Gecko is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41 View Post
I agree with this. Student discounts are quite significant.

However, I also think there should be a developer discount. As a software engineer, I constantly have to keep up with the lastest and greatest technologies for my job, and for clients. I make decent money, but the software I need for work is very expensive. This is what I have purchased in the last year:

Adobe Flex With Charting: $749
Navicat: $99.99 (the only affordable one in the bunch)
Adobe Photoshop CS2: $649
Macromedia Studio 8: $999

I will also purchase the upcoming Adobe Creative Suite 3 Web Premium upgrade for another $499.

I think software companies, like Adobe, should reconsider their pricing models. Developers are forced to pay ridiculous prices for their products, or pirate them. I choose not to pirate, but I am definitely in the minority. Personally, I think companies should pay these prices, and developers should be sold "developer editions" for a significant price cut.

Ok...I'm done ranting.

Mac: White MacBook; 2.0 Core Duo; 2GB RAM; 100GB 7200 RPM; 20" Cinema Display
PC: 64 x2 Dual Core 5200+, 2 GB RAM, 320GB 7200RPM SATA, GeForce 7600GT 128MB
Car: 2008 Toyota Prius w/ Lots of Goodies
On the Internets: Flickr | My Site
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Intego VirusBarrier X4 | Mac os x and Windows mobile »