New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Halo, CoD2, or other?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

I've been playing Counterstrike since it was in it's early beta stages before it went retail. I've continued to play via Bootcamp, but now I computer is doing something wierd and my external monitor won't work with the Windows side.

I've decided it's time to try something new. I have played other multiplayers like Quake and Medal of honor, but I didn't really like their multiplatyer versions. I suppose I just liek the pace of CS. I don't play with any regular groups, mostly just drop in on whatever action looks good.

Does anyone think I would like Halo or CoD better? (strictly for multiplayer gaming) Are there any multiplayers out I don't know of that would be as good/better than these?
QUOTE Thanks
SlickShoes

SlickShoes is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 13.3"

from experience once you find a game you love and have played for years you will do really well to find anything that matches that experience. I played socom 1 and 2 on the PS2 for years and was great at these games now ive moved on and these games are dead in the water and ive spent about the last year and a half tryign to find something that i enjoy as much, im enjoying ghost recon av2 on my xbox360 the now but its still not the same.

Bottom line is fix your problem and keep playing CS you wont find anything as good as it!
QUOTE Thanks
PunkRockTuba

PunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nicePunkRockTuba is just really nice
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

Halo is fun and I never really like the multiplayer in any CoD or MoH game. My absolute favorite games are the ones in the Battlefield series. You can get BF 1942 for mac, and for the rest you would have to use bootcamp. I would highly highly suggest Battlefield 2, it can be pretty fast paced, but can also be slow depending on what you do. What I love most about the Battlefield games is you can drive or shoot anything you see in the game, and you can be up to 6 different classes: Sniper, Spec Ops, Assault, Medic, Engineer, and Support.

I know this sounds like a commercial, but I love these games. They have demos on the website so you can check it out before you buy it, http://www.battlefield2.ea.com
QUOTE Thanks
Stretch

Stretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud ofStretch has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

You might like Unreal Tournament 2004. Its old, but there are tons of user addons for it, and it is alot of fun. It's my favorite multiplayer FPS game.

Blog and Photo Gallery: http://philolin.me/

Currently running OS X 10.10
QUOTE Thanks
RNDdave

RNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the roughRNDdave is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Alu MacBook | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | iPad2 (3G)

From experience most of the multiplayer games out there have add-ons which will basically give CS like gaming (i.e pace and maps). I've played a lot of this type of game on my Windows system and love the genre.

I'd say from experience of playing both - you could find good add-ons to make CoD look/feel like CS.

However as has been pointed out - you should prob try to resolve your problem with CS before moving on. One reason is that even with add-ons you may not like any other game as much as CS and another reason is that you may go out and buy a game only to find that you still have the same problems. (oh and then just to run it in - when you fix the problem you don't even like the new game :radioacti ).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Adium 1.0.2 available | Just bought a MacBook Pro. What are the must have applications? »