New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

microsoft office

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sachsr1

Sachsr1 has a spectacular aura about

I have a quick question I'm going to buy microsoft office for a class I'm taking and I'm wondering if I can install it on both of my mac's or just one?
QUOTE Thanks
Martin.

Martin. is a jewel in the roughMartin. is a jewel in the rough

i think if you buy the student/teacher one you can install it on like 3 macs

~Martin.

QUOTE Thanks
walmartconnect

walmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the roughwalmartconnect is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.

Multi-install versions of Office 2004 are available. If you purchase the regular retail version of it however, you are authorized to have it installed on one machine only.

You say that this is for a class... many colleges and universities offer said software at a discount or for free, I'd look into it before dropping anything big.
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

The student teacher edition can be installed on up to 3 machines in your home, for non-commercial use. There are 3 individual cd keys also on the back of the disc package.
QUOTE Thanks
phit_demon

phit_demon is on a distinguished road

Here's a question: I got my mac last Friday and I am completely in love with it. I got a copy of Microsoft Office student and teacher edition with it, and yesterday was the first day I used Word. For some reason the spell-check does not work on it. At first I thought I was doing something wrong, so I tried spelling all sorts of words incorrectly, sometimes highlighting them, sometimes not. No matter what I do, when I run the spell-check it always completes its search instantly without spotting any of the incorrectly spelled words.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Any help would be great.
QUOTE Thanks
hclincha

hclincha is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 17", Intel Core Duo

Have you checked your language selection? If the language is set to none, that may cause some problems.
QUOTE Thanks
phit_demon

phit_demon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hclincha View Post
Have you checked your language selection? If the language is set to none, that may cause some problems.
I checked that, but it doesn't make a difference. I tried US English and UK English, and neither changes things. Any other suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Is Age of Mythology a game on its own or an addition? | HD went out...can I get Microsoft Office back? »