New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Halo question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

I am going to be buying Halo for my Mac soon.. what do you all suggest is the best way to play it? mouse? controller? or none of the above just using the trackpad and keyboard?

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

Mouse and Keyboard seemed to work for me.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Mouse and keyboard beats controller by a long shot in first person shooters.

Don't use the trackpad though, because then the controller wins :bomb:
QUOTE Thanks
The Turtle!

The Turtle! has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 20" iMac

wow, I didn't even know you could get Halo for OSX...now the question comes do I wait until I buy Xbox 360 or do I just take the plunge and get it for the mac...hmmm lol

"There's only six bullets in this gun! What were you gonna do!? Laugh the last three to death FUNNY MAN!?"
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle! View Post
wow, I didn't even know you could get Halo for OSX...now the question comes do I wait until I buy Xbox 360 or do I just take the plunge and get it for the mac...hmmm lol
I would get it now for OSX.. its only $30

QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

We're talking Halo part 1. It's still an old game.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
cherry

cherry is a jewel in the roughcherry is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch

Halo 1 is the best, i've been playing it for years.

I used to play on my PC with this:

I was dying to try it on my macbook pro once my desktop died, but for some reason even though i installed the mac software it still wouldn't actually work. Maybe i did something wrong because it's supposed to work on mac. But if you can get a hold of one of this nostromo speedpad and get it to work i would highly recommend it, it really helped my game. You can customize every key for each game you play and it's got 2 adjustments to fit your hand.

As far as the mouse, i found with halo a simple 3 button cord mouse gives better performance than my 8 button laser mouse.

QUOTE Thanks
fleurya

fleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to allfleurya is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 4S, 3rd gen iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry View Post
Halo 1 is the best, i've been playing it for years.

I used to play on my PC with this:

I was dying to try it on my macbook pro once my desktop died, but for some reason even though i installed the mac software it still wouldn't actually work. Maybe i did something wrong because it's supposed to work on mac. But if you can get a hold of one of this nostromo speedpad and get it to work i would highly recommend it, it really helped my game. You can customize every key for each game you play and it's got 2 adjustments to fit your hand.

As far as the mouse, i found with halo a simple 3 button cord mouse gives better performance than my 8 button laser mouse.

That is sick! where did you get that, Cherry? I've seen similar products, that looks like one I'd acutally want to buy.

I try to refrain from such purchases as it only enables my bad gaming habit. Oh well, resistance is futile!
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

if anyone cares I went with the mouse option and its working great. fun game also.

QUOTE Thanks
cherry

cherry is a jewel in the roughcherry is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleurya View Post
That is sick! where did you get that, Cherry? I've seen similar products, that looks like one I'd acutally want to buy.

I try to refrain from such purchases as it only enables my bad gaming habit. Oh well, resistance is futile!
I got mine here, but then i found out it's cheaper on newegg.
I remember for a long time belkin was completely sold out of the n52, but it looks like they have it again.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I need to make a PDF file from a word file | Nooby Growl Question »