Specs:
    3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
    Deleting Applications
    Is it possible to delete:

Safari & MS Office Trial?

I'm a firefox man myself, and would rather use open office than drop the cash on ms office.

just search for the ms office trial in spotlight and delete all the related files...idk about safari, i did a search on mine and it came up with alot of stuff that prob shouldnt be deleted...

MacHeadCase
    Safari is not what takes up the most disk space so why not leave it? Besides what if curiosity gets the better of you and you really want to test-drive it one day and give it a real try?

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
    Safari is not what takes up the most disk space so why not leave it? Besides what if curiosity gets the better of you and you really want to test-drive it one day and give it a real try?
    I would have to agree. In the grand scheme of it, internet browsers are not going to take up that much of your HD space. There really is no reason to remove them. Besides, it is always good advice to keep a few different browsers on hand as some will have difficulties displaying some sites and others would do just fine with them
    If you are that concerned about saving drive space, then I would look into other things you have eating up your HD.
    Yes, you can safely ditch the MS Office trial. I would also ditch other trial software and sharewares, as they are more likely to consume your drive.
    If you have a large number of movies, images, and songs, then an external drive would be the better solution, opposed to deleting applications.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

If you look in the MS Office trial folder there is an uninstall app in that folder.

Specs:
    12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
    I would not delete Safari.

It's not something that's available for download if you decide you want it back; you have to extract it from your OS install CD using an application called Pacifist, or reinstall the OS entirely.

Thread Information