Question Text slides in iPhoto and iMovie?
    Hi. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to generate text slides to use in iPhoto and iMovie? I'd like to be able to vary the background, format fonts, etc, if possible.

Thanks.
    www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
    Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro

MacHeadCase
    I wouldn't know about iPhoto or iMovie, and I don't want to mess up your question, am just wondering if you have considered using Keynote for this? Depending on if the presentation will be used on your Mac or another that has Keynote installed on it (gawd, I really hope in the next version, Apple makes Keynote able to generate stand-alone files) you should be good to go.

If not an alternative to showing the presentation would be to make a QuickTime movie out of the Keynote file.

In iMovie all you would do is go to the editing tab and click on titles. Choose from the gajillion ways you want it to appear (they'll even preview it for you) and drag and drop where you want it in your show. Hope this helps.

Lee

Thanks for those replies. I'd like to do a little bit of animation, and being able to include text would be interesting. I haven't had chance to tinker with iMovie yet, but I'll look into it.

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac

Specs:
    Mac book (white) os x 10.5
    Text for iphoto slides??
    I have got imovie down pretty good and it was simple with the editing. I have the same problem with editng text to a photo from iphoto. At the end of the day I want to be able to to go though the show and have various slides with people showing thier names or dates certiain events happened.

Try using Comic Life. Import the photo from iPhoto. Add a text layer with the text and formatting as you want. Export the photo back to iPhoto and edit/crop off the white space.

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac

can anyone help me create a title with a black background in iMovie? i can't seem to do it (iMovie 08).

Quote Originally Posted by sld86 View Post
    can anyone help me create a title with a black background in iMovie? i can't seem to do it (iMovie 08).
    Well, below the preview box, there are four buttons that will let you add titles, effects, photos and music. Click on the one with the T and then drag the title one you want to before or after a clip in the project section (if it is over a clip, then whatever is happening in the clip will be the background). Then navigate to the title in the preview area and double click on the text box and enter your text.

Thread Information