New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Text slides in iPhoto and iMovie?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MartinS

MartinS is a jewel in the roughMartinS is a jewel in the rough

Hi. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to generate text slides to use in iPhoto and iMovie? I'd like to be able to vary the background, format fonts, etc, if possible.

Thanks.

www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

I wouldn't know about iPhoto or iMovie, and I don't want to mess up your question, am just wondering if you have considered using Keynote for this? Depending on if the presentation will be used on your Mac or another that has Keynote installed on it (gawd, I really hope in the next version, Apple makes Keynote able to generate stand-alone files) you should be good to go.

If not an alternative to showing the presentation would be to make a QuickTime movie out of the Keynote file.
QUOTE Thanks
husky123

husky123 is an unknown at this point

In iMovie all you would do is go to the editing tab and click on titles. Choose from the gajillion ways you want it to appear (they'll even preview it for you) and drag and drop where you want it in your show. Hope this helps.

Lee
QUOTE Thanks
MartinS

Thanks for those replies. I'd like to do a little bit of animation, and being able to include text would be interesting. I haven't had chance to tinker with iMovie yet, but I'll look into it.

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
QUOTE Thanks
SSE

SSE is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac book (white) os x 10.5

I have got imovie down pretty good and it was simple with the editing. I have the same problem with editng text to a photo from iphoto. At the end of the day I want to be able to to go though the show and have various slides with people showing thier names or dates certiain events happened.
QUOTE Thanks
MartinS

Try using Comic Life. Import the photo from iPhoto. Add a text layer with the text and formatting as you want. Export the photo back to iPhoto and edit/crop off the white space.

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
QUOTE Thanks
sld86

sld86 is on a distinguished road

can anyone help me create a title with a black background in iMovie? i can't seem to do it (iMovie 08).
QUOTE Thanks
RobertC

RobertC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sld86 View Post
can anyone help me create a title with a black background in iMovie? i can't seem to do it (iMovie 08).
Well, below the preview box, there are four buttons that will let you add titles, effects, photos and music. Click on the one with the T and then drag the title one you want to before or after a clip in the project section (if it is over a clip, then whatever is happening in the clip will be the background). Then navigate to the title in the preview area and double click on the text box and enter your text.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Default E-mail programme problem | Leopard +iChat + Google Talk Account + File Transfers not supported? »