New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

isync all contacts

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BrenMyster

BrenMyster is an unknown at this point

I'm a new mac user and I'm trying to sync my nokia with isync but only new contact are syncing over, i know its because of the options that you can't change under the more option box, the 'Don't sync events prior to ....' but i need this option off.

Is there any way of turning this option off?

Thanks

Brendan
QUOTE Thanks
yogi

yogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to allyogi is a name known to all
Mac Specs: iMac Core i5, iPad, iPhone 4

The box is greyed out because you've not set iSync to sync calenars, it has nothing to do with contacts.

I don't think I'm getting you when you say that only "new contacts" are syncing over.

If you liked this post, consider using the Reputation System.
QUOTE Thanks
BrenMyster

even with just the contacts box selected it still only syncs my new contacts, are there any more options that i can alter to download all my contacts from my phone?
QUOTE Thanks
Simbad54

Simbad54 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro. 2.4Ghz Intel Core Duo running OSX 10.9.3, 8GB Ram

The first time you sync, you're given the option to "change everthing on the mac, with what evers on the phone" Or "replace whatever's on the phone with whatever's on the mac," or merge the two. It might have something to do with that. Not sure what you mean by "new contacts" exactly. Surely during the first sync, it should take everything from your phone and add it to your address book. There is an option to only sync contacts with phone numbers. I created a seperate file in address book called "phone numbers" with all my phone contacts, and i only sync that with my phone, not all my contacts, and that seems to work. I think a little trial and error is called for...
QUOTE Thanks
BrenMyster

I know, i would think that it takes everything from my phone but it only takes the newest contacts,

Anyone have this problem, I have a nokia 6230

B
QUOTE Thanks
Simbad54

Simbad54 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro. 2.4Ghz Intel Core Duo running OSX 10.9.3, 8GB Ram

Have you upgraded to OSX 10.4.9? That apparently solves some iSync issues. Might help. Sorry, can't help more.
QUOTE Thanks
BrenMyster

yeah, got all the latest updates .

dam this is annoying
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Skype Never Remembers My Username - Any Fixes? | which best to play fullscreen vids and flash video »