New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Macbook - getting IRATE with Indesign CS2

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

steinm10

steinm10 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure why this happens and Adobe's online support is terrible.

I've run into this problem before and to this day am unable to understand how Adobe InDesign CS2 crashed EVERYTIME I open an .indd file. First I was saving files on my external hard drive, starting shutting down. Then I started saving the files on my desktop thinking the external hard drive had something to do with it. Now, I'm trying to open a file that I had opened yesterday, due to a client tomorrow and it shuts down Indesign EVERYTIME!!!

I've tried everything short of a reinstall on my Mac, which to me is the biggest headache everytime this happens...this is rediculous!!!! ARRRRGGGG

Seems this always happens when you have a project due the next day...

And yes, I do have an Intel based Mac. Anybody have any brilliant ideas?

:radioacti
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinm10 View Post
I've tried everything short of a reinstall
What exactly is everything? We can try to help, but if we don't know what you have already done, then you are likely going to get suggestions for steps that you completed.
That being said, let's start with some questions:

+ Have you tired deleting the .plist file for InDesign?
+ Have you cleared your caches?
+ Have you looked for updates from Adobe?
+ Have you tried repairing permissions?
+ Have you tried a disk repair?
+ Do you have the same problems with other Adobe apps?
+ Have you tried clearing the scratch disk (if you have set one up) for InDesign?

If you have done all of those, or if there is anything that you have done, please let us know so we can try to help you out a little better.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

I have no idea how to solve the problem, but I second the motion. Adobe support does suck.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
steinm10

Thank you SO much for the quick reply. I will try a few of the above options that I have not done yet.
QUOTE Thanks
steinm10

All I have to say is thank you thank you!!!

I deleted the .plist and it opened my document w/o crashing (for now at least).
QUOTE Thanks
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

I had the same problem with Photoshop. It took days to find any mention of the plist file on the web, but deleting it usually solves any problems.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Want to buy children of the nile and play on virtual. Can I? | Bi-Lingual in MS Word - HELP!!! »