New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Will Civilization 2 work on my mac book?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tukewl4u720

tukewl4u720 is on a distinguished road

hi,
I just got my macbook for Christmas. I'm looking for games, but have always had pcs and don't know much about the rules of macs. Civ II is so much cheaper than Civ 3 (I don't even want civ 4), but I'd heard that my mac book might be too fast for the game or something. So, is that true? Anyway, thanks for any replies.
Theison:headphone

p.s. If anyone owns civ 2 or civ 3, mind sharing your experiences? I really liked the Caesar games on the pc, so will I like this or is it completely different?
QUOTE Thanks
tukewl4u720

hi,
I just got my macbook for Christmas. I'm looking for games, but have always had pcs and don't know much about the rules of macs. Civ II is so much cheaper than Civ 3 (I don't even want civ 4), but I'd heard that my mac book might be too fast for the game or something. So, is that true? Anyway, thanks for any replies.
Theison :headphone

p.s. If anyone owns civ 2 or civ 3, mind sharing your experiences? I really liked the Caesar games on the pc, so will I like this or is it completely different?
QUOTE Thanks
Specialk51288

Specialk51288 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" MacBook Pro | 2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo | 3 GB RAM | 160 GB HD

These are the Minimum System Requirements for Civ II on a Mac:

PowerPC
Mac OS 7.5.3 or later
10 MB RAM
CD-ROM drive
Color monitor
Open transport required for multiplayer option

Do you have a mac version of the game? It's pretty old and I doubt many places other than eBay have it in stock. If you do, It might play on an Intel based mac, I know Civ 3 played on my MBP even though it was originally designed for PowerPC, but it didn't play well.

Life is a game, whoever has the most money at the end wins.
QUOTE Thanks
tukewl4u720

well yeah, lol, it's a mac version I'm thinking of getting. I found one but i just want to know if it'll work.
QUOTE Thanks
Specialk51288

ok, i just thought that you didn't know about that since you said that you "don't know much about the rules of macs"...sry I couldnt answer your question better, I'm pretty new to mac but I play alot of games, Civ 2 is a little b4 my time in the gaming world as is Mac OS 7...

QUOTE Thanks
tukewl4u720

"before my time" too. I'm only 18. But I don't like the idea of paying 40 dollars, or 35 dollars used for civ 3. I'd definitely prefer it, but that's too rich for my preferences. I don't know, maybe i'll just have to wait or something.
QUOTE Thanks
Martin.

Martin. is a jewel in the roughMartin. is a jewel in the rough

you cant play classic games on osx. youd have to get civilization 4

~Martin.

QUOTE Thanks
Specialk51288

yea, I'm 18 too...I started out playing Civ 3 tho...i got a copy of Civ 2 for about $3 once and I couldnt get passed how bad it seemed compared to Civ 3....but i understand not wanting to spend alot on civ 3 or 4..i did and it wa a huge mistake...i ended up just installing windows on my mac using bootcamp so i could play all the PC games I already had...and it all works way better than they did on mac osx...

QUOTE Thanks
tukewl4u720

I could get civ 3 though right? that one person said i'd have to get number 4, but civ 3 is still being sold new by amazon and it doesn't look that old.
QUOTE Thanks
Chimpur

Chimpur is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: See Signature

Civ 3 works really well. you dont even noyice its a ppc app!!
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

NOTE: Merged cross posts

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
tukewl4u720

um, yeah, about that. Why is that cross posting? I didn't post it anywhere else or see it anywhere else...

I'm the only one in my family with a Mac. sigh.
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukewl4u720 View Post
um, yeah, about that. Why is that cross posting? I didn't post it anywhere else or see it anywhere else...
Yes, you did. You posted the same exact post in two forums, or cross posted. You won't see it anywhere else now, because I merged the threads. Now you can see that the first two posts in this thread are yours and they are exactly the same.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
tukewl4u720

oh ok i see it now. the reason i didn't count it is b/c no one answered it and i thought it must've been in the wrong section or thread, that it needed its own so the right people would see it. I don't know how to delete a post i did in answer to someone else's thread so i didn't know how to take it off

I'm the only one in my family with a Mac. sigh.
QUOTE Thanks
dralfonzo

dralfonzo is on a distinguished road

not sure about macbooks but ive been playing Civ3 on my iBook G4 for ages now and it runs great
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« PC Based Applications???Anyone | Is ShapeShifter supposed to slow down boot up time? »