Mac Forums

Mac Forums (
-   OS X - Apps and Games (
-   -   Is there any programs to... (

Liam 03-11-2007 06:21 PM

Is there any programs to... able to scroll down webpages in Safari like you do in Illustrator/Photoshop when you hold the space bar and drag the little hand downwards?

dtownley1 03-11-2007 09:09 PM

I used to use a set of keyboard shortcuts before I got my macbook.

Hitting spacebar (while not in any text field, of course) will scroll down a certain amount (depending on how long you hold it, I think) I used option+up/down arrows a lot too. Great for moving a little bit quickly. Apple+up/down with scroll to the top or bottom of the page respectively.

Not sure if there are any apps or plugins that allow that for safari, but since you're not working with a spiffy trackpad, a scrollwheel on a mouse would be the next best thing. I have a feeling that the ball on the Mighty Mouse allows you to scroll horizontally as well as vertically...

Stretch 03-11-2007 09:53 PM

If you hold control you can drag (without clicking) the page

dtownley1 03-13-2007 07:12 AM


Originally Posted by StretchR (Post 346428)
If you hold control you can drag (without clicking) the page

control, and then what? Maybe it's different with a mouse...
Control scrolling zooms in on the webpage (or rather, OS X) for me.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.