New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

NeoOffice Spell check

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

RMar

RMar is on a distinguished road

Does it actually work? mine never tells me when I've incorrectly spelt something and when i run a spell check it always tells me there is nothing wrong even when i know there are mistakes. Is there a way to fix this or a plug-in i can download to help?
thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

I'm not sure about Neo but with OpenO you have to download a dictionary from Aspell. Maybe it is the same with Neo ?

http://aspell.net/
QUOTE Thanks
RMar

thats probably it, how do i install it into Neo once ive downloaded it?
QUOTE Thanks
Kilted1

Kilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really niceKilted1 is just really nice
Mac Specs: 2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video

I'm not too Sure sorry. However there maybe instructions on Neo's site or that of aspell. There maybe a read me with the Dictionary Download. Maybe there is someone that knows more than me that can help

This may help some
http://trinity.neooffice.org/modules.php?name=Forums
Do a search for Spelling
QUOTE Thanks
MikeT

MikeT is on a distinguished road

Hmm, having to do all that just to get the spell check to work seemd like a drag. I was reading on a post on that site that it doesn't seem to spell check documents older than when you installed it. I will have to look at this when I install it. Kind of odd don't you think? A word program without a dictionary to do the spell check.
QUOTE Thanks
Sachsr1

Sachsr1 has a spectacular aura about

In their defense it is free?
QUOTE Thanks
James

James is a jewel in the roughJames is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66 - 4 Gig Ram, iMac G5 2 Gig ram 20"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMar View Post
Does it actually work? mine never tells me when I've incorrectly spelt something and when i run a spell check it always tells me there is nothing wrong even when i know there are mistakes. Is there a way to fix this or a plug-in i can download to help?
thanks
To answer your question YES it actually works, and quite well too i might add. What version of Neo do you have. I have version 2.0 Aqua Beta 3 Patch 15. Perhaps you have an earlier version that had a glitch or maybe you didn't get it installed quite right. You should not have to download any thing else for it to work.

It doesn't put a red line under a misspelled word like i have seen before, but when you finish typing simply put the curser at the start and run spellcheck and it will go through and show you the errors. Maybe there is a preference some place to make it show mistakes as they happen.

As for not reading old files, hog wash, it will read files from years ago with no problems.

Mac Pro Intel 2.66 - 4 Gigs Ram - 10.6.1 - 30" Apple Monitor
iMac 24" 2 gigs ram - MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks
Jonnyfive

Jonnyfive has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMar View Post
thanks
The problem is you have selected a language that does not have the spell check dictionary for it (An example would be Canadian english) I am in Canada and I noticed the spell check was not working for me at first.
Open Neo office
Click on Neo Office on the top bar
Click preferences
Click the triangle next to language settings
Click Languages
On the right side you will see a drop down menu next to "Western"
Look through the languages list and pick one that has a time "ABC" with a check mark next to it. These are the languages that have the spell check dictionary.

Just pick English (USA) and you should be good to go.

White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 iMac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD|Combo Drive http://jonnyfive.tumblr.com/
QUOTE Thanks
RMar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyfive View Post
The problem is you have selected a language that does not have the spell check dictionary for it (An example would be Canadian english) I am in Canada and I noticed the spell check was not working for me at first.
Open Neo office
Click on Neo Office on the top bar
Click preferences
Click the triangle next to language settings
Click Languages
On the right side you will see a drop down menu next to "Western"
Look through the languages list and pick one that has a time "ABC" with a check mark next to it. These are the languages that have the spell check dictionary.

Just pick English (USA) and you should be good to go.
Thanks thats exactally what was wrong with it. im in australia so it didnt have the australian dictionary, even though it should really only have an english (uk) one or a us one. Thanks for that i was thinking that was the only floor in this otherwise great free program!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« E-mail migration from Outlook 2003 to Mac Mail | Problem with Graphics card for Final Cut Pro »