New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problem with Graphics card for Final Cut Pro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Simbad54

Simbad54 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro. 2.4Ghz Intel Core Duo running OSX 10.9.3, 8GB Ram

I've just tried to open Final Cut Pro vers 4.0 on my G5 iMac, (about 2 weeks pre Intel!) Apparently, i need an AGP graphics card to run it.
My iMac has an ATI Radeon X600 XT. Do i need an older version of FCP for this mac? It's only a year old (the Mac) so find it odd that i can't run an old vers of FCP on it. Also is it very hard/ expensive to upgrade my Graphics card on my iMac? I was under the impression they aren't so easy to upgrade. I've Just found a review for Final Cut Pro 4 dated 2003!! Can my 2006 iMac REALLY not run a program as old as this??? I find that incredible!
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

Something you may want to look at. Final Cut Pro 4.5 HD and earlier not supported on Power Mac G5 (Late 2005) or iMac G5 (iSight).

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Simbad54

Simbad54 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: Mac Book Pro. 2.4Ghz Intel Core Duo running OSX 10.9.3, 8GB Ram

Cheers, for that. I did do a search on the apple site but obviously didn't word it properly. Thanks again.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

I happen to see this on another site. In the AGP line you need to replace that with PCI instead of deleting it.

http://screenplayer.sg/?p=100

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« NeoOffice Spell check | Advice on how to have a clean organized desktop?? HELP! »