Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   OS X - Apps and Games (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/)
-   -   Basic Image Editing Program (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-apps-games/54949-basic-image-editing-program.html)

dirtbike 02-27-2007 04:02 PM

Basic Image Editing Program

Can anybody suggest a program similar to ACDSee (for PC) but something for Mac that is simple to browse images, resize them etc etc

I have photoshop, and IPhoto but need something easier to resize multipale images etc

RiDE 02-27-2007 04:05 PM

Have you tried GIMP? I don't know how great it would do on Multiples but it is a great photo editor.

I know Automator can do large tasks as well...

dirtbike 02-27-2007 04:15 PM

No but will check it out. All i need is something simple to resize images once i have downloaded them off my camera or images from internet.

D3v1L80Y 02-27-2007 04:18 PM

If you already have Photoshop, then GIMP won't really offer anything more or vastly different.
If you want to resize anything in multiple, then setting Automator would be your best bet.

RiDE 02-27-2007 04:23 PM

Good point DB...

Also if you do want to try GIMP, you'll need to first install X11 from your OS X install disk.

NanoBite 02-27-2007 04:52 PM

ImageWell 3.0.4

mac57 02-27-2007 10:14 PM

I second Pulse-8's vote for ImageWell. This is a great little application that does just a few things and does them very well. I love it!

Jonnyfive 02-27-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtbike (Post 336721)
No but will check it out. All i need is something simple to resize images once i have downloaded them off my camera or images from internet.

Just use iPhoto, it's great for resizing images, it's really easy too and bundled!

Scroatdog 02-27-2007 10:43 PM

I know Macromedia Fireworks lets you do batch processing. There must be a way to do it in Photoshop too. I'm a PS nOOb so I can't help you there, but I would think that if Fireworks can do it, PS should be able to.

MacHeadCase 02-28-2007 06:04 AM

You could resize in batches using Automator, I think.

Odin_aa 02-28-2007 08:47 AM

You could also create a simple Photoshop Action that will resize the images, you can then run an image processing batch applying those settings.

Are you familiar with actions in photoshop?

Amen-Moses 02-28-2007 10:06 AM

I recommend going the Automator route, just google for Automator tutorials as I'm pretty sure I've seen one somewhere that does exactly what you want.

The reason I recommend this is that learning Automator for simple batch tasks like this will help you unleash the power at your fingertips, you will suddenly find out just how powerful a computer can be when you know how to make it do things your way instead of continuously hunting for tools that suit your needs.

Amen-Moses

(of course this assumes you are running Tiger, if not you will probably need to use AppleScript instead, there are plenty of AppleScript tutorials out there anyhow.)

Audio.Trench 03-01-2007 11:29 PM

SeaShore is also good. It's based off of GIMP I believe. It's closer to MS Paint, but has layer support, and the like.