Thread: Pop-unders in safari?
02-27-2007, 10:49 AM #1
Pop-unders in safari?
- Member Since
- Feb 08, 2004
- Fort Bliss Texas
- Macbook Pro, Mabook Air, Ipad Mini Retina, Ipad Air2, Airport Time Capsule, 2x Iphone 6
Lately I have been having a problem with numerous pop-unders when using safari. Most are from vonage and netflix. Driving me crazy. Does anyone know a way to block pop-unders in safari? The pop-up blocker is up and running, and I know its blocking pop-ups, but i am still recievig pop-unders. I thought safari blocked all pop-up and unders.
02-27-2007, 10:55 AM #2
- Member Since
- Apr 29, 2006
- St. Somewhere
- iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM
This isn't for Safari, but Firefox will let you disable at least some pop unders. Many pop unders are a form of pop ups from Java, Flash or other plugins.
To defeat them:
1. Type about:config into the Firefox location bar.
2. Right-click on the page and select New and then Integer.
3. Name it privacy.popups.disable_from_plugins
4. Set the value to 2.
BTW, the possible values are:
* 0: Allow all popups from plugins.
* 1: Allow popups, but limit them to dom.popup_maximum.
* 2: Block popups from plugins.
* 3: Block popups from plugins, even on whitelisted sites.My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
02-27-2007, 01:24 PM #3MacHeadCaseGuest
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By phxpaul in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 03-03-2012, 12:48 PM
By north107 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 6Last Post: 07-04-2010, 11:27 PM
By rockaway in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 06-01-2009, 11:32 AM
By mossback in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 8Last Post: 11-21-2008, 04:55 PM
By IChing in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 4Last Post: 03-05-2005, 01:21 AM