E-mail migration from Outlook 2003 to Mac Mail
    Hello,

I've done about everything I can think of to convert the tens of thousands of e-mails I have from an Outlook .PST format to e-mail and folders readable by Mail.app. Of course, neither program recognizes the existence of the other...

By all accounts that I've read, the Eudora middle-man method seems to be pretty straightforward, but when I attempted it the folder names showed up in Mac Mail, as did each e-mail, but no e-mail contents exist: no date, to, from, subject, body, nothing.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I've also tried using Netscape as a middle-man, but didn't have any success as no versions of Netscape that I could get my hands on were willing to handle mail the way the how-tos I used required.

Any other suggestions, magic methods that have only recently been discovered, etc.?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
    You can find some more interesting stuff here.

I've now tried everything at that site that does not require a fee, which is not currently an option. The Mail conversion script cannot read from the Eudora (PC) files that I have, which is quite peculiar. And for the reason below, the Eudora (Mac) files aren't possible.

I've discovered the peculiarity that Eudora (Mac) can't even properly read Eudora (PC) -- some e-mails get lost or blanked in the transition: enough that it is not an option.

I -have- successfully imported everything into a Mozilla Thunderbird installation on this Mac, which works fine, but everything I've read about how to convert Thunderbird to Mail.app has failed. The last [n] Mail.app imports that I've attempted have resulted in each folder containing only one VERY large e-mail which includes the raw content of all other e-mails in each folder. Obviously, this is not a good solution.

Anything else??

I used this...

http://www.littlemachines.com/

It worked like a charm.

It costs $10, but you've already wasted time worth more than that looking for a free solution, right?
    www.martinsketchley.co.uk

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac
    Mid-2009 13-inch MacBook Pro

My concern is this: not one of the "this will work!" solutions I have attempted has been successful; if there is something that I have not yet identified that is preventing this migration from succeeding, I'm wary of spending money only to discover one more unsuccessful method.

However, I will run the possibility by the individual in charge of purchasing. I may yet end up trying it. Thank you for recommending it.

Well, if it's worth anything it worked flawlessly for me. I had 100s of valuable emails on an IBM Thinkpad and this little app transferred them all onto my Mac without a hitch.

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac

I'd like to thank the Academy....

No, actually, I want to thank you, MartinS -- it worked! After countless hours pulling my hair out over this matter, all the mail (75 folders containing roughly 12k e-mails) has been successfully imported! Huzzah! I used that piece of software after having it reviewed by the purchasing department, and now I can move on to other issues with a clear conscience.

Cheers!

Great stuff!

I'm too modest to mention the reputation system...

2011 21.5-inch i5 iMac

*laugh*
    Well, I'm glad you did mention it, since I've used these forums for exactly two problems, and signed up less than two weeks ago. If you hadn't mentioned it, I wouldn't have known, which would have been a shame.

Thread Information