New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mail - how to add a lot of addys fast?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rcronin

rcronin has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen

I'm getting some group emails and I want to create a new group in my address book. So far I've add to individual ones one at a time and then create a group and then drap them in one at a time...And by then I can't always find them in the looong list...

So I'm sure I'm doing this the hard way...Is there a better way?

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

EDITING ENTIRE POST: You need to open a "New" Mail message. Then open address book... Then Hold he command Key (APPLE key) while clicking each contact you want to send the email to ( they will each become highlighted)... then Click and drag the selected contacts to the "TO:" portion of the New Message. Viola!
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
EDITING ENTIRE POST: You need to open a "New" Mail message. Then open address book... Then Hold he command Key (APPLE key) while clicking each contact you want to send the email to ( they will each become highlighted)... then Click and drag the selected contacts to the "TO:" portion of the New Message. Viola!
good advice, that worked pretty well. I had to open the address book and then dragged and dropped everything into it. It won't go directly into the dock. The best way was to create a group for it first. Then Click on the group so it's open and then select and drag and drop the names in the the middle column (where the names in a group are normally listed. Then I went in and added the actual names (the email addys were the only part that copies). Overall, not bad, 60+ addys and the whole thing prob took 10 minutes, while watching TV.

thanks again.

Becky
Web & Graphic Designer, LLL Leader, teacher (in my previous life; pre-kids) and Mama to my two daughters (who think the Apple booty is theirs)
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

Quote:
Whoops, I replied before seeing your revised post. However, how would what your saying get them into the address book?

Becky
QUOTE Thanks
RiDE

RiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond reputeRiDE has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Mac's

Ok... I understand what you are asking now... open the Address book... Open the Message that has multiple addy's... Hold APPLE + SHIFT and click on the first address on he list... then still holding SHIFT+ APPLE Click the last address.. this will select ALL addresses in between the two selections.... then drag/drop them into your address book...
QUOTE Thanks
rcronin

Quote:
Ok... I understand what you are asking now... open the Address book... Open the Message that has multiple addy's... Hold APPLE + SHIFT and click on the first address on he list... then still holding SHIFT+ APPLE Click the last address.. this will select ALL addresses in between the two selections.... then drag/drop them into your address book...
Yep, that's what I did, which worked. I'm surprised that there isn't some instructions that are readily avail to do this. in general, I find the apple help screens to be pretty unhelpful...

Becky
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Ghostzilla for Mac? | Disk Utility »