Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1


    Member Since
    Feb 26, 2007
    Posts
    17
    Specs:
    20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB Memory, 500 GB RAM, 256 MB Graphics
    Installing Warcraft
    Ok, I'm trying to install Warcraft 3 onto my 20" Intel iMac and I've been having some problems. The installation goes cleanly, but once I try to play, it opens, then after about 5 seconds, closes and a message pops up that says that "Warcraft III has unexpectedly quit and needs to shut down." Or something like that. Please, I need some help to fix this.

  2. #2


    Member Since
    Apr 25, 2003
    Location
    The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
    Posts
    1,301
    Specs:
    24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana92fan View Post
    Ok, I'm trying to install Warcraft 3 onto my 20" Intel iMac and I've been having some problems. The installation goes cleanly, but once I try to play, it opens, then after about 5 seconds, closes and a message pops up that says that "Warcraft III has unexpectedly quit and needs to shut down." Or something like that. Please, I need some help to fix this.
    You probably need the universal patch:

    http://www.apple.com/games/articles/2002/06/warcraft3/

    Scroll down that page and it's on the right hand side.

    Amen-Moses

  3. #3


    Member Since
    Feb 26, 2007
    Posts
    17
    Specs:
    20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB Memory, 500 GB RAM, 256 MB Graphics
    Ok, I did that and it worked fine the first time, but, when I tryed to open it a second time it said 'Warcraft III is unable to initialize.'

  4. #4


    Member Since
    Apr 25, 2003
    Location
    The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
    Posts
    1,301
    Specs:
    24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana92fan View Post
    Ok, I did that and it worked fine the first time, but, when I tryed to open it a second time it said 'Warcraft III is unable to initialize.'
    You do have the CD in the drive when you start it don't you?

    Amen-Moses

  5. #5


    Member Since
    Feb 26, 2007
    Posts
    17
    Specs:
    20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB Memory, 500 GB RAM, 256 MB Graphics
    Quote Originally Posted by Amen-Moses View Post
    You do have the CD in the drive when you start it don't you?

    Amen-Moses
    Yes I do.

  6. #6


    Member Since
    Feb 26, 2007
    Posts
    17
    Specs:
    20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB Memory, 500 GB RAM, 256 MB Graphics
    This is really getting very frustrating so if someone would help me it would be much appreciated.

  7. #7


    Member Since
    Apr 25, 2003
    Location
    The home of the free and the land that did for Braveheart.
    Posts
    1,301
    Specs:
    24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
    Quote Originally Posted by nirvana92fan View Post
    This is really getting very frustrating so if someone would help me it would be much appreciated.
    Found this, dunno if it will help any:

    http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...60617212917760

    Amen-Moses

  8. #8


    Member Since
    Feb 26, 2007
    Posts
    17
    Specs:
    20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB Memory, 500 GB RAM, 256 MB Graphics
    No sorry, that was no help.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. installing warcraft III
    By tdll1313 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 05:32 AM
  2. Error installing the 1.22a patch on warcraft 3 frozen throne
    By drummerdimitri in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2008, 08:38 AM
  3. World of Warcraft freezes in world of warcraft in Mac Pro
    By gort in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 10:52 AM
  4. Problems installing World of Warcraft
    By swanny338 in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 07:13 AM
  5. minimizing warcraft 3
    By Danster in forum OS X - Apps and Games
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2005, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •