New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Please Help: Uninstalling Folding Team Software?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mike518

mike518 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.

Hi all,

Well when I first got my MBP I figured hey why not, and ran the folding team software for a little while, but I now live on campus, and accordingly have only a 4gb monthly download limit.. So I dragged the folding software to the trash, and it was gone.

Today, (about 2 weeks later i think), my MBP fans turned on after i restarted and it got very hot. Curious, I find out this is because there were 4 "fahcore_a1.exe" processes running.. well, i forced quit 1 of them, and all 4 disappeared, and almost immediately my mbp fan started ramping down.

Question: Why wasn't the application removed when I dragged it to the trash? Why has it only started today after having done so, and how do I remove it for the future? (In no time flat it used about 60mb of my download limit).

Thanks.

(I didn't want to re-ignite the folding post which is 2 years old Join the Mac-Forums Folding Team!)
QUOTE Thanks
moss918

moss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nicemoss918 is just really nice
Mac Specs: iMac 2.93C2D 4GB

Have you tried a spotlight search for anything related to the Folding Team software, or anything containing "fahcore" in the title?
QUOTE Thanks
mike518

mike518 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss918 View Post
Have you tried a spotlight search for anything related to the Folding Team software, or anything containing "fahcore" in the title?
hey, yeah i did and removed the items that came up (there were 4 that resulted from a "fahcore" spotlight search). But I was still curious as to whether or not this would have completely solved the problem.
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

Make sure that your CPU usage is lower than when it was running (usually around 90% for me). As long as that's down, then at least it isn't running.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
torchy

torchy is a jewel in the roughtorchy is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.

The Team MacOSX folding team will be able to help, they are a great group of people.
Their forum:
http://teammacosx.homeunix.com/forum.../ikonboard.pl?

~ 13" MacBook Air. OSX 10.9 ~ iPad 2 & iPhone ~
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Horizontal Scrolling with Mouse Wheel | Live Support App »