New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

realaudio-plugin

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hagios1972

hagios1972 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD

Just bought a MacBook (black) last December and am new to macintosh. I went to CBS.com to watch their free TV programs but the video stream can't be opened. The message below appears.

The page “CBS.com - Innertube” has content of MIME type “audio/x-pn-realaudio-plugin”. Because you don’t have a plug-in installed for this MIME type, this content can’t be displayed.

I have downloaded Real Player 10.1 for OS X but is still doesn't work. Does anyone has any advice?

Many thanks ...
QUOTE Thanks
D3v1L80Y

D3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond reputeD3v1L80Y has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook

Have you configured the RealPlayer app? After you actually download and install it, you have to quit all of your browsers and then configure the player.
Then when you go back to the site, you should be able to view the shows.
I was able to view the shows in both Firefox and Safari.

what browser are you using?

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

QUOTE Thanks
Surfing Charlie

Surfing Charlie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3v1L80Y View Post
Have you configured the RealPlayer app? After you actually download and install it, you have to quit all of your browsers and then configure the player.
Then when you go back to the site, you should be able to view the shows.
I was able to view the shows in both Firefox and Safari.

what browser are you using?
Like he said...

If you open Realplayer, select Preferences, Media Types, and then make sure AVI is checked, you should be okay.

Make sure the high-quality option is set when it suggests, although I still only get the choice of a very small sharp screen, or a very blurry full-screen option.
QUOTE Thanks
hagios1972

Thanks heaps for both your responses. I use Safari as browser.
QUOTE Thanks
hagios1972

It is working now ... only to find out that it cannot be accessed outside of the US. I am in New Zealand. Thanks again for you help.
:-)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Something like Tinkertool? | Downloaded some icons...thas as far as I got. »