New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

I am downloading Doom 3. Do I need all the Winblows Daemon Tools and Alcohol to play?

Thread Closed

Historia

Historia is on a distinguished road

I am downloading Doom 3. Do I need all the Winblows Daemon Tools and Alcohol to play? I am new to OS. I have used Windows almost my whole life, and am now on OS. The file for Doom 3 is ".toast". lol. That is funny. Do I need anything special to play or what? Please help.
teapea

teapea is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2009 13" macbook pro, 4gb ram

osx has a disk image tool a bit like daemon tools built in , but a .toast extention means you need roxio toast to run it
ToddG

ToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant futureToddG has a brilliant future

id Software is distributing Doom 3 as a .toast file?
Historia

Quote:
Originally Posted by teapea View Post
osx has a disk image tool a bit like daemon tools built in , but a .toast extention means you need roxio toast to run it
Roxio to run it? Can you explain? I thought Roxio is just for creating CDs.
MacHeadCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
id Software is distributing Doom 3 as a .toast file?
I would imagine if this is a demo it's pretty straightforward to decompress. If it ain't a demo and it's about an illegal copy, we all know the drill.
Historia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
I would imagine if this is a demo it's pretty straightforward to decompress. If it ain't a demo and it's about an illegal copy, we all know the drill.
I do not know the drill on Mac OS. Can you please tell me? I do not want to buy any programs to mount it. Is there a free program to download?
MacHeadCase

Talk about illegal programs is not allowed on Mac-Forums. Didn't you read the forum rules when you joined?

From the FORUM RULES:

Quote:
3. Illegal Activity: Mac-Forums.com recognizes that this is an international community and as such it is your responsibility to determine what is legal in your jurisdiction with regard to any topic discussed here.

However, in general, we choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.
If it is a demo, simply double-click on it and it will expand.
Historia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
Talk about illegal programs is not allowed on Mac-Forums. Didn't you read the forum rules when you joined?

From the FORUM RULES:

If it is a demo, simply double-click on it and it will expand.
I sent you a private message.
Alexis

Alexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the roughAlexis is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

The demo is not in toast format, so it doesn't take a genius to realise you're asking how to install an illegally downloaded copy.
MacHeadCase

Yep that's how I feel too.

There are forums that have illegal activities like the one you want info on. Take your question there.
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

We don't allow discussion of illegal software.

Please read our forum rules before posting.

schweb | community leader
flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Thread Closed

« My only game! | Printing from Pages »