New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Quicktime codec

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

twdawson

twdawson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Intel Mac Mini with LG Flatron 20" widescreen LCD

Hi all

Is there a ac3 codec out yet for the intel macs that allows quicktime to play avi files with ac3 sound.
From what i have read it is still only PPC.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Have you tried Perian?

QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

http://www.mactcp.org.nz/quicktime/ I use the codec at the bottom with no troubles on my MacBook

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
twdawson

Tried both of those but they do not work. I know the file i am trying to play works, bcause VLC plays it without problems.
I cant seem to figure out whats wrong, anyone else got any ideas.

Thanks for your reply's
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdawson View Post
Tried both of those but they do not work. I know the file i am trying to play works, bcause VLC plays it without problems.
I cant seem to figure out whats wrong, anyone else got any ideas.

Thanks for your reply's
Are you sure you put it in the right directory (/Library/QuickTime) and not your users library folder? ALso try restarting

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
twdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by trpnmonkey41 View Post
Are you sure you put it in the right directory (/Library/QuickTime) and not your users library folder? ALso try restarting
Yes i am sure that its in the right directory and i have tried restarting, but still does not work.

Dont know what else to try.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Maybe you need to register the add-on via the QuickTime's pane in the System Preferences?

Under the Advanced tab, click on MIME Settings... and maybe load it from there. Maybe that would help?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Safari Text Size | Is Toast worth the money? »