New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

 
Start a Discussion
 

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

SimplyBurns vrs LiquidCD?


Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

 
Thread Tools
Justin

 
Member Since: Jan 09, 2007
Posts: 178
Justin is an unknown at this point

Justin is offline
Do people have a preference of SimplyBurns vrs LiquidCD? And any significant disadvantage of these from Toast?
Justin

Using brand new macbook
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

 
KoDorSean's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 03, 2006
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 2,374
KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

KoDorSean is offline
I am just curious but why not go with mactheripper or handbrake rather than simply or liquid?


I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Justin

 
Member Since: Jan 09, 2007
Posts: 178
Justin is an unknown at this point

Justin is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodorsean View Post
I am just curious but why not go with mactheripper or handbrake rather than simply or liquid?
Why? What is better about them?

Using brand new macbook
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

 
KoDorSean's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 03, 2006
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 2,374
KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

KoDorSean is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Why? What is better about them?
they are all good options... its hard to say which is better than another.. it comes down to what you need and want.


I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Justin

 
Member Since: Jan 09, 2007
Posts: 178
Justin is an unknown at this point

Justin is offline
What are the pros and cons, comparatively?

Using brand new macbook
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

 
cazabam's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 06, 2006
Posts: 1,153
cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

cazabam is offline
Mac the Ripper and Handbrake are used for ripping disks. SimplyBurns and LiquidCD are for burning disk images. They're not comparable because they do completely different things.

The best way to figure out which is best for you is to try them. They have similar feature sets and it pretty much comes down to personal preference. Another one worth looking at is Burn which, although having a very simple UI, can do transcoding of video to DVD and VCD for simple projects.
QUOTE Thanks
Justin

 
Member Since: Jan 09, 2007
Posts: 178
Justin is an unknown at this point

Justin is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazabam View Post
Mac the Ripper and Handbrake are used for ripping disks. SimplyBurns and LiquidCD are for burning disk images. They're not comparable because they do completely different things.

The best way to figure out which is best for you is to try them. They have similar feature sets and it pretty much comes down to personal preference. Another one worth looking at is Burn which, although having a very simple UI, can do transcoding of video to DVD and VCD for simple projects.
The thing is I don't have too much time to test out each one. Could anyone say what are the pros and cons of the dofferent burning programs? That way, I can judge from that and just chose one and be done with it.
Thank you!
Justin

Using brand new macbook
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

 
cazabam's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jun 06, 2006
Posts: 1,153
cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

cazabam is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
The thing is I don't have too much time to test out each one. Could anyone say what are the pros and cons of the dofferent burning programs?
As I already said, they're all disc burning programs with pretty much identical feature sets. One is as good as another. There's really nothing anyone can tell you that is not skewed by their own personal preference for the UI layout. For example, I could tell you that SimplyBurns has the best UI and LiquidCD sucks, but no doubt somebody else thinks differently.

When it comes down to it, they're close enough that it really doesn't matter. You'd be better off just downloading them and using one for the next disk you need to burn, and the other for the next disk after that. That way you don't take up additional time (it's a 2 minute download) and you've seen both. It's taken me longer to write this reply than it did to download and install LiquidCD (seriously, I just did it).

If you're just looking for personal recommendation, I use SimplyBurns at the moment.
QUOTE Thanks
Justin

 
Member Since: Jan 09, 2007
Posts: 178
Justin is an unknown at this point

Justin is offline
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazabam View Post
As I already said, they're all disc burning programs with pretty much identical feature sets. One is as good as another. There's really nothing anyone can tell you that is not skewed by their own personal preference for the UI layout. For example, I could tell you that SimplyBurns has the best UI and LiquidCD sucks, but no doubt somebody else thinks differently.

When it comes down to it, they're close enough that it really doesn't matter. You'd be better off just downloading them and using one for the next disk you need to burn, and the other for the next disk after that. That way you don't take up additional time (it's a 2 minute download) and you've seen both. It's taken me longer to write this reply than it did to download and install LiquidCD (seriously, I just did it).

If you're just looking for personal recommendation, I use SimplyBurns at the moment.
Yeah I guess you've got a point. But...
Q 1)
Like, do they really have the same capabilities? For example burning using .cue files, or for example making audio CDs from flac files or other compressed files (eg. ape, mp3, apple lossless etc), without needing to use a separate program to decompress them first?

Probably some are better at these than others, or simply don't have such features or support as many different file types.

Q 2)
I also heard recently about making high quality audio (eg CD quality or even higher) on DVD-v discs and playing them on a DVD player. Don't know if that is easy/possible with all the burning programs?? [But Q 1) is really more important at the moment]

Thanks all!
Justin

Using brand new macbook
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe


« Mail | Nvidia/Cider deal promises better gaming on Intel Macs »
Thread Tools

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Elgato vrs Miglia antjessopuk Other Hardware and Peripherals 4 09-07-2006 08:10 AM
Macbook vrs Powerbook hooloovoo Switcher Hangout 1 06-29-2006 06:58 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
X

Welcome to Mac-Forums.com

Create your username to jump into the discussion!

New members like you have made this community the ultimate source for your Mac since 2003!


(4 digit year)

Already a member?