New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

bad iphoto transfer to idvd

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

tomleep1

tomleep1 is on a distinguished road

hi, can anyone give me a tip for the following problem: i'm trying to send a slideshow from iphoto to idvd because this seems to be the only way to burn it to disk these days. when the "share" is finished converting it is basically black and white with funny green stripes. i am working in pal and all these settings seem to be ok. when i export to quicktime it is color but i lose not only general quality but my widescreen format as well. i might end up trying to shoot the screen with my video camera- i don't want to spend $70 for a screen capture program.....any hints out there?

thanks,

tom
QUOTE Thanks
cazabam

cazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of lightcazabam is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD

When iPhoto sends stuff to iDVD, it will deposit a .mov file of the slideshow in your Movies folder. Check that to see if it's OK. If it is, iDVD is mangling it, and if it isn't, iPhoto is mangling it.
The other way is to use the Export facility to export a quicktime file, although for some reason you can only select 4:3 aspect output formats
QUOTE Thanks
tomleep1

tomleep1 is on a distinguished road

it's definitely arriving from iphoto mangled and unfortunately these programs run on automatis- ie you can't make any real adjustments. in an older version of iphoto you could burn a slideshow directly to a dvd, but now you have to go through all the apple programs. ok, more time in front of the computer...
thanks for the reply!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unix Executable File problem | Image error when importing into applications »