New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Looking for DVD cataloging programs for OSX

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

thatsmyaibo

thatsmyaibo is on a distinguished road

I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I'm looking for a software to catalog my DVD collection. I know there are many decent ones out the for about 40 USD, but i was wonder if anyone knew a free one with a nice looking interface. Thanks in advanced.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

I just searched around all of the software sites and didn't find any freeware programs.

http://www.delicious-monster.com/ Is $40 but is one of the best purchases I have ever made for my laptop. I have my Books/Music/DVD's/Video Games as well as my roommates items cataloged. If you have an iSight it goes so fast with the barcode scanner

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
thatsmyaibo

I saw that one and it looks like the one I am going to purchase. Just trying to see what's out there before i spend $40 on a program when Macs have so many awesome free apps.
QUOTE Thanks
puaerotch

puaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of lightpuaerotch is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: iBook G4 OSX Tiger

I don't know of any free ones off-hand but you could try DVDpedia. Never used it but its only $18.
http://www.bruji.com/dvdpedia/
QUOTE Thanks
thatsmyaibo

As of now, I like the Delicious one. But still a free one would be something I'm looking for.
QUOTE Thanks
XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

Dont mean to dig this up, but I found some free ones:

https://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/9277

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id...nel-dvdmanager

The second one looks nice, not sure how they work yet, I'll let you all know when I try em out, we got a storm here so I am at my school's computer lab endangering some windows machines. =)
QUOTE Thanks
the8thark

the8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to allthe8thark is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3

Will any of these work for cataloging CD albums and singles?
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
DeliciousLibrary which I linked to can scan anything that has a barcode that you can find on amazon.com

Don't forget to use the new User Reputation System
QUOTE Thanks
XMARLTONX

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thark View Post
The second one I listed, DVD Manager says its for DVDs, but has the feilds Title, Year, Genre, and Author. So yeah you could just as easily use it for cds.

I had a list of my DVDs, imported it into neooffice, saved it as .csv, then DVD Manager picked it right up with no problem. 220+ DVDs listed in less than a minute =)
QUOTE Thanks
RONE

RONE has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB

I'm currently entering all my DVD's into DVDmanager, and I've found the "IMDb (US)" selection for retreiving details from the web to be the easiest to select DVDs from.
QUOTE Thanks
XMARLTONX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RONE View Post
I'm currently entering all my DVD's into DVDmanager, and I've found the "IMDb (US)" selection for retreiving details from the web to be the easiest to select DVDs from.
Yeah thats really cool, but since I already had a list I didn't feel like typing in 220+ titles again lol
QUOTE Thanks
TamiRene

TamiRene is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook, Black, 13.3 inch, glossy screen, super cool

Delicious Library is looking pretty good to me. I like the feature where I can scan barcodes...I might purchase it....

"There are those who talk, and without knowledge or forethought reveal a truth which they themselves do not understand."

-Khalil Jibran
QUOTE Thanks
Clairejr

Clairejr is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo, PPC G4

MacUpdate has a special today on Librarian Pro:

http://www.mupromo.com/

I just purchased it ($7.95 was too good a price to pass up) and it works well with CDs and books. I haven't tried it yet with DVDs since I have most of my DVDs cataloged with DVDManager, but I would guess it would work well for those, too. You can try it before buying it - the regular price is $29.95, so MacUpdate's price is a bargain.

Claire

Claire Rottenberg
Homepage: Mac Tips and More
Follow me on Twitter
QUOTE Thanks
knightlie

knightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really niceknightlie is just really nice
Mac Specs: Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiRene View Post
Delicious Library is looking pretty good to me. I like the feature where I can scan barcodes...I might purchase it....
It's superb, and well worth it. It does books, CDs and games, too, and you can track the ones you lend out to people.

[URL="http://beadia.net"]Beadia[/URL - Jewelry Business Management Software]
I judge you when you use poor grammar.
QUOTE Thanks
northy124

northy124 can only hope to improve
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White

That DVD Manager one looks great downloading now.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Mail and Exchange 2003 | idefrag? »