New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

picture question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

janzy21

janzy21 is on a distinguished road

Is there any software out there that will enable me to "lift" a picture off a web site or anything like that?
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

you mean download it? Drag it to the desktop, or right click (command+click or click and hold) to save as. Hope that's what you're after.

QUOTE Thanks
janzy21

janzy21 is on a distinguished road

No, i.e. a picture on a web site and I just want to extract that picture only.
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

If you just want to save a given picture off a web site, say to your desktop, just right click the picture itself (or CTL+click if you are on a laptop) and select Save Image to the Desktop (or similar entry - depends on your browser).

Does that do it, or are you looking for something else?

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Navigation Menu in iWeb | FireFox Sorting, Apple Frustration »