New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Question about istatpro widget's temp and fan speed.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pruppert

pruppert is on a distinguished road

Hi I've got a new macbook and cannot get the istatpro widget to give me data on temp and fan speed. The display tab on the back of the widget tells me that there are no temp sensors and no fans found. However, I recently had a similar widget (ministat2) which was able to display this data.

Any ideas why istatpro is not able to give me the data?
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

It seems like you need a special extension to use it on an Intel-based Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
pruppert

Thanks for the response. I just tried manually installing that extension but with no luck. Bummer.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Well on that page Support page I linked you to, it says you can email the developer if you have any probems...
QUOTE Thanks
pruppert

Well, I may do that. However, from reading their site, it seems that they are working on this.

Intel fan and temp updates were included in the release of the 1.8 version of their istat nano widget released today, and they work. Similar updates are coming to the istat pro widget in the next 7-10 days (Source).

So I'll probably just wait for the update and see if it works.

Thank you, MacHeadCase, for your help. I'll post in about a week to let the forum know if the update worked or not.
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Just as an aside... If you are new to the world of Mac, one thing that I get most excited about is the relationship we have with most of the shareware/freeware developers. They are, for the most part, ecstatic when you send in feedback about their products. Most will see this as a way to improve their offering and it's very cool to get their responses.

I'm just saying that in case that, in the future, if ever you need to contact a shareware/freeware developer, go right ahead! It's one of the most fun things about using a Mac.

Now I did say shareware and I'm not talking about Adobe or Quark or Microsoft, you know... ;^)
QUOTE Thanks
pruppert

Just to let you all know . . . iSlayer has now updated istatpro so that the fan and temp sensors work for intel macs. You can get it here.
QUOTE Thanks
Slokunshialgo

Slokunshialgo will become famous soon enough

Just as a note, the iSlayer site is currently down. After doing a bit of google searching, I came across one at MacUpdate. http://macupdate.com/info.php/id/20364

It's version 3.3, which does, indeed, include the required software for the temps and such. Thanks for letting me/us know we needed to update!

PC: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz, 2 GM RAM, Total 750 GB HDD, Windows Vista Business (For gaming), Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (64-bit), Slackware 12 (For GTK# coding)
Mac: 1.66GHz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, Mini
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Getting NEOOffice to open .doc by default | Flash »