Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Specs:
    imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
    Mac Mail app questions
    How do I get Apple mail. I ended up with .mac mail and I don't know if I want to pay the annual fee for .mac. Is Apple and .mac mail the same thing?

Specs:
    iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
    you get apple mail when you sign up for .mac. i would stick with the .mac because you can do all kinds of good things with it.

Specs:
    join the free trial before you buy though to see if u like it.

Specs:
    imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
    I'm in the free trial now but I'm only using e-mail. I have explore the rest of the package to see if I want to stick with it. Not sure how much I'll use.
    I just thought that apple mail was something different. Thanks for the quick reply.

Specs:
    youll love the idisk its just like a network drive.

Specs:
    MacBook
    Apple's Mail application is simply an email client. You do not need to have a .Mac email address to use it. You can use it with just about any email address that supports POP3 or IMAP.

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    Mac OSX e-mail
    I'm still confused! I'm on a trial .mac account and I'm using the .mac mail. If I choose not to subscribe, what are my e-mail options? I did a web search and I'm told there is a max OSX e-mail. Is that built in or do I have to sign up for it? Also I'm told there is Eudora, Mozilla, etc. Do these work the same as .mac with my stamp icon? Does anyone have an e-mail account that you recommend?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Your STAMP icon is OSX's Mail. It will work with any POP or IMAP email account. I have all my email coming into Mail and it works great. There are other Email clients like you mentioned, but Mail works fine for all I do.

Mail is an Email Client and not an account. Most free email services are WEB based though except Googles Gmail.

Specs:
    So you're saying I'll need a POP or IMAP account to work with OSX's mail? In other words, I'll need an account? Is .mac WEB based and should I use one that is or isn't? And what is gmail?

Specs:
    PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
    Houston, we have a newb.

To whoever gave me the bad reputation, I didn't mean this in a bad way. I like having a switcher, and a newbie to Mac OS X!

The program Mail that comes built into OS X is an application for reading and writing email.

Your .mac email address is an account where you can receive emails.

These are two different things. Mail is your kitchen table where you can sit down to read your mail and write letters. The .mac account is your street address, where people send your mail.

If you don't want to pay for the .mac account after the free trial, there are plenty of other options for getting a new "street address" ... you can use Mail with almost all of them. One example is Gmail, which is a free email account you can get from Google. You can get an account by going to www.gmail.com. You can then access your Gmail account in Mail by following these easy steps.

First step would be to contact the company that provides your internet access (cable company, phone company, AOL, whatever). You probably have a free email account through that company as part of your internet access fee each month.

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Todd, very good answer. I was thinking on how to answer her but did not want to cause confusion. Good job.

Specs:
    Thanks so much I finally understand what OSX mail is. Also, I do have e-mail through my satellite provider, but it's not very good, thought I could do better with another one. I did find a thread about gmail and that helped too. This forum is a lifesaver for a switcher...You guys are great!

Specs:
    Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
    WooHooo Todd! =) great response!

Thread Information