New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mactheripper/handbrake burning issues.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

I bought a DVD from my local blockbuster and I am havin a HECK of a time burning this dvd.. When I try with handbrake it just wont work. It will start then 5 minutes later say its done but its not.. when i open the file its incomplete. I try to use Mactheripper and it gets stuck at 678mbs and says this file has bad sectors.. I tried to search this forum for an answer but no luck yet. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

This is due to a form of encryption on the DVD itself. I've run across a few of them. Supposedly you can use DVD2OneX to remove the sectors as they don't contain any video, but I have not tried it yet.

Search at the Handbrake Forums for more info.

QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
This is due to a form of encryption on the DVD itself. I've run across a few of them. Supposedly you can use DVD2OneX to remove the sectors as they don't contain any video, but I have not tried it yet.

Search at the Handbrake Forums for more info.
its drivin me bonkers man.. thanks for the suggestions.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
andrebnu

andrebnu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB

hey man, did you get over the "bad sectors" issue? I'm facing the same problemas right now..
QUOTE Thanks
FishinFool

FishinFool is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5

What version of Mactheripper are you using? If you are on 2.6.6 you may need to upgrade to the new beta. I used to have some similar problems and switching to the beta helped significantly (especially with the new James Bond movie)

You can also check out http://www.ripdifferent.com/phpbb2/index.php...they might be able to help

Xbox Live Gamertag:tr00p3rls

WoW Account (Demon Soul-Horde): Cabøøse
QUOTE Thanks
andrebnu

andrebnu will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB

[EDIT] did not know about the new copyright rules.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Address bar pull down in Safari | MSN for Mac sucks! Any news? »