gmjsg
    iChat away message question
    Just a question about iChat. Is it possible to edit your away messages spacing-wise. For example, can you say, skip a line and continue text on the next.

...like what I have just done here. When I set messages now (away messages, or "available" messages, it all runs together and I cannot do anything with the spacing. is there any way to change this?

Thanks for the help

Specs:
    macbook
    dunno if this will work for you or not (not all apps support this input) but try using shift+return.
    For design apps, this will go to a new line, without going to a new paragraph. I think this works for some chat apps, as return will send the line of text - so sometimes shift+return will simply start a new line.

That's about the only way I can think of - tabbing would only extend the line - it may end at a point (possibly starting a new line), but that may vary depending on the size of the chat window the user has.

Anyway, give that a go, and let us know if it works

gmjsg
    Well I tried out a couple different things and it turns out that in a chat window "option" + "return" moves the cursor to the next line. that's good to know. That did not work on the status messages though in iChat. I tried multiple things there and couldn't find one that would work. Anytime i hit return it, no matter what other button i hit as well it would just set the text i had written in there already.
    thanks for the help and let me know if anyone knows anything else.

Specs:
    20" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, 2.16GHz, 2GB Ram, 500GB Serial ATA, 256MB Video Ram
    I'm not sure about this, but... try a
    <br>
    code and it might work, I don't know if iChat will support that. Let me know if it works.
    I am a MacMan! Go Mac! My favorite football teams are the Chargers and the Macs!

gmjsg
    that's not working for me. but thanks!

Specs:
    20" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, 2.16GHz, 2GB Ram, 500GB Serial ATA, 256MB Video Ram
    Sorry.
    I am a MacMan! Go Mac! My favorite football teams are the Chargers and the Macs!

when you put an away message on is there a way for your ims to be hidden ? like when you use aim and your away message is on they will show up in the aim away message window and not just pop up on your screen. any information would be greatly appreciated thank you !

Specs:
    2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
    I just right click the ichat icon in the dock and choose hide whenever I go away. Any new messages will be hidden as well, and you'll know you have new messages if there's a red circle with the number of new messages you have on the icon in the dock.

Thread Information