New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

ShapeShifter Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

Any ideas why ShapeShifter wouldn't modify certain programs? My VirtueDesktop icon on the menu bar won't change. It is a different color from the rest of my menu bar, and also the options window for it won't change color. It may be the program, or it may be me doing something stupid. Any ideas appreciated.

You can see below that anything tied to that program is unchanged.

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

I've found that often logging out will solve problems like that. Some icons are fine, but I've discovered that the Growl and Mainmenu icons don't change properly at first. Logging out fixes this for me. It might also be the icon itself. The icons would be (or should be) in .png format, so the areas surrounding the icon would be transparent. I don't use that app, so can't be sure, but if logging out doesn't fix this, then perhaps the icon actually contains the grey pixels as shown?

Hope you get it sorted out

QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

QUIT the app that is in the menu bar that wont change themes and that will solve your problem.. I have the same issues with two of my menu bar programs. I have to quit the app and re-open the app for the theme to change.

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Jeff

Jeff is a jewel in the roughJeff is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube

I've logged out a number of times since it has been running, and no go on that. I quit the app and re-opened it to no avail.

Is there any way that I would be able to edit the icon so that it would change with everything else?

Black MacBook
Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic
B&W G3
G4's - PowerMac & Cube
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Video Messageing | Limewire help »