New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How to play .WMV files on MAC.OSX ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MacNewbie

MacNewbie is an unknown at this point

do i have to download windows media player??

sorry for my dumb newbie questions ive been using pc for all my life so im still very green to world of mac
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

NanoBite is an unknown at this point

Download Flip4Mac

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28842

QuickTime uses this plugin to ebable the playback of WMV without the need for Windows Media Player.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

you could also try VLC. you can also get it at www.versiontracker.com

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
Ice Cream Man

Ice Cream Man has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad

i like flip4mac because of how well it integrates. And works within the browser.
QUOTE Thanks
CrossBones

CrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of lightCrossBones is a glorious beacon of light

I guess M$ will no longer update the Media Player for Mac... So the Flip4Mac will be a necessity sooner or later.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossBones View Post
I guess M$ will no longer update the Media Player for Mac... So the Flip4Mac will be a necessity sooner or later.
Yes, MS has totally backed off supporting WMP for OSX. Flip4Mac is doing a good job so far. Glad someone picked up the ball that MS dropped!
QUOTE Thanks
mr g5

mr g5 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM

only problem is Flip4mac is ppc.

Join the Mac-forums folding team By Clicking Here
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossBones View Post
I'd say it already is - media player for mac would always lag, and playing wmv through your browser would always open the player and try to stream it, slowly - very annoying. Flip4mac is worlds better than media player ever was.

QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr g5 View Post
Flip4Mac PPC/Intel:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17787
QUOTE Thanks
Ice Cream Man

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulse-8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr g5
Flip4Mac PPC/Intel:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17787
Sometimes I'm curious as to weather people check before they post. :yinyang:
QUOTE Thanks
NanoBite

I'm certainly guilty of this myself...it's worse when you're helping someone...
QUOTE Thanks
Ice Cream Man

I've been in other mac forums for years, and I kinda gotten in the habit of having sources. Not to mention it makes it easier for the people you're helping if you can link them to something; something reputable, or official.
QUOTE Thanks
waymon

waymon is on a distinguished road

Only problem is that you can't encode with flip4mac unless you pay, I am a poor college student who can't afford food better then soup.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr g5 View Post
Not true anymore. The Universal was released a couple of months back.
QUOTE Thanks
MacNewbie

MacNewbie is an unknown at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
Not true anymore. The Universal was released a couple of months back.

what is "ppc"?

and flip4mac is "pay only" ?are there any free alternatives
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« World of Warcraft | Call of Duty 2? »