New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Shapeshifter

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3

Does anyone use this app? pros? cons? is it worth the purchase?

Thanks

I was on the M-F honor roll for month : May 2007
QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Darn! You shoulda signed up for the MacHeist that's on right now... You still have 31 hours left. :girl:

ShapeShifter is well known in the Mac theming community.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

KoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant futureKoDorSean has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
Darn! You shoulda signed up for the MacHeist that's on right now... You still have 31 hours left. :girl:

ShapeShifter is well known in the Mac theming community.
its a great deal that macheist.. i just dont know if i would use any of the other programs.. ill tell you this much so far from what i have seen shapeshifter looks pretty sweet!!

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Well, Delicious Library is great to catalogue all your CDs, books, etc. Like what if you loan a book to your buddy but he doesn't return it and you forget about it, only to need it in a year and you don't remember the loaner? You can do this with this software. You can scan the barcode with your iSight cam.

The games from Pangea are great and fun to play. RapidWeaver can help you create webpages. Disco is for burning CDs and DVDs. Etc.

Heck! They're all a lot of fun to use! And it's a steal at that price.

But I would google «ShapeShifter review» and see what comes up. Maybe you'll then know if the app is worth it. You might also read some Mac theme forums and see how the members talk about it in there.
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacHeadCase View Post
Well, Delicious Library is great to catalogue all your CDs, books, etc. Like what if you loan a book to your buddy but he doesn't return it and you forget about it, only to need it in a year and you don't remember the loaner? You can do this with this software. You can scan the barcode with your iSight cam.

The games from Pangea are great and fun to play. RapidWeaver can help you create webpages. Disco is for burning CDs and DVDs. Etc.

Heck! They're all a lot of fun to use! And it's a steal at that price.

But I would google «ShapeShifter review» and see what comes up. Maybe you'll then know if the app is worth it. You might also read some Mac theme forums and see how the members talk about it in there.
in your opinion is disco better than handbrake? will it rip into mp4 formatt?

QUOTE Thanks
MacHeadCase

Well to be honest... I only got the Heist this a.m., haven't tried all the stuff in it, too much in it!

Maybe you can check to see if there is a full-featured demo for a trial period?

Oh and I forgot to mention iClip! This is like Mac OS X's Clipboard on steroids, man!
QUOTE Thanks
steven11

steven11 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD

I've haven't been sold on disco as of yet it seems like a neat app. but I don't know if its hand brake. I know that my macbook won't smoke. It says underage gfxcard, boo! I use toast and handbrake and mack the ripper. There are some cool lokking apps on the heist but I don't know if its for me.
QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

I've used Shapeshifter before and it seemed to work well. My big problem was that, IMHO, all of the themes for it SUCKED!

QUOTE Thanks
imacmatt09

imacmatt09 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram

Shapeshifter is pretty nifty i have it now and i have this nice skin on it. I guess you could say its like windows blinds for xp?
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggss View Post
I've used Shapeshifter before and it seemed to work well. My big problem was that, IMHO, all of the themes for it SUCKED!
Do you still use it? I have a few sites with some pretty cool themes in my opinion black/red etc.

QUOTE Thanks
logic_user99

logic_user99 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8

Goddayam that MacHeist deal is bloody good! Still got 16 hours to go...might have to find $49!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I got the Macheist bundle as well...
Shapeshifter is pretty nice, it took a while to find a theme that I'm happy with, but I'm using Purewhite at the moment at I love the different look & feel!
QUOTE Thanks
KoDorSean

is it just me or is it a bit ironic that on a mac you have to pay $20 but on a pc its free?

QUOTE Thanks
baggss

baggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond reputebaggss has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 18.8.2-64Gb iPad 2-32 Gb iPhone 5-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodorsean View Post
Do you still use it? I have a few sites with some pretty cool themes in my opinion black/red etc.
Nah, have not used it in a while. Link me to some sites and I'l look at the themes though.

QUOTE Thanks
macAttack

macAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the roughmacAttack is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iBook

check out the december desktops here at macforums...you'll see a lot of people using shapeshifter.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac Dialer & Recorder | iphoto issues »