New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Microsoft Entourage

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mohammed

mohammed is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I have a quick question on Microsoft Entourage for Mac: I was wondering if anyone has seen a script or something for entourage which will let you know when the mail is seen or read by the other person.

I don't mean read mail receipt coz in read mail recipt you have a option that u either can say read or ignore.
But this script what i am in search of is irrespective of you read or not it will notify the mailing person that the mail has been read.

If i am not clear with my words please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Mohammed
QUOTE Thanks
logic_user99

logic_user99 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8

By your description, you want a return/read receipt that Entourage already does.

You're not clear, mate.
QUOTE Thanks
mohammed

mohammed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by logic_user99 View Post
By your description, you want a return/read receipt that Entourage already does.

You're not clear, mate.

Okay. I am sorry for that.

First - Please tell me how can we set Read receipt in Entourage.
Second - The script what I am talking about is - Once i have seen that one of my friend has sent a mail to me in which at the lower end was a small note saying that this mail has been viewed - Now this message will be then sent back to my friend.

Coz if you read receipt enabled still it will be a choice whether to let sender know you read mail or not.

I just don't have that mail.

Hope i am clear to some extend.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

There is a rather disturbing peice of software that allows you to not only know that someone read your email (whether they want you to know or not), but also tells you how long they spent reading it, how they read it (online or via a download/blackberry etc) and even if they kept it or deleted it.

If anyone I knew or did business with used this without telling me, and I found out, I'd end any kind of relationship with that person immediately.

I occasionally use read-receipts at work, when I send an important message to a group and I need to know who read it - but maybe we really need different responses to read-receipt requests.

There should be a range of read receipt choices to the recipient. For instance, the “I-have-read-your-email-and-it-is-a-load-of-crap” receipt, the “there-is-no-chance-of-me-reading-your-email-ever-so-don’t-send-me-any-more-receipts” receipt, or even the “I-was-thinking-of-replying-to-your-email-but-I-am-not-going-to-now-because-you-have-asked-for-a-receipt” receipt.

(I stole that from this website http://www.technologyandbusiness.com...he_Receipt.htm)

:black:

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
ylim

ylim is on a distinguished road

hmm... interesting software. but it is not as bad as it sounds. i thought it is ok for someone to use it. just knowing how much time i looked at it and using which email program is fine with me. as long as it does not slows down my computer. not sure if anyone else agrees with me.

anyway, to add on the the Entourage topic... i am quite fustrated with the auto signature thingy. everything i forward a mail or reply a mail, my signature comes out after the received messeage. windows version have an option to include your signature between your new message and the previous message. but not on mac.

tried searching around Entourage but can't find anyt settings. is there anyway to correct this?

thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« InDesign/Colour help | Mail help »