New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Webcam

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

sumlin16

sumlin16 is on a distinguished road

I currently own a MacBook with an isight camera built-in. I also have a website and I was wondering if I can use the isight camera as a webcam and embed it into my website. Is there software that is comparable to Microsoft Frontpage for my macbook?
QUOTE Thanks
dtownley1

dtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the roughdtownley1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: macbook

frontpage? ugh, bad memories there...
iWeb is pretty similar to Frontpage. I'm not sure what you mean about embedding webcam into your website... do you mean stills or something like a live stream?

QUOTE Thanks
sumlin16

sumlin16 is on a distinguished road

I would like to have a Live Stream from the ISight Camera
QUOTE Thanks
caribiner23

caribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nicecaribiner23 is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Retina 13" among far too many other Apple products

I don't know about "live" video, but WebCam2FTP will take a snapshot at predetermined intervals and upload the image to a site of your choosing.

At the web site end, you just need a piece of Java code to display the images as they come through.

This is what I use for my personal web site. Feel free to check it out at this link. (The camera is not on right now, so the image is static.)
QUOTE Thanks
mac57

mac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant futuremac57 has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, 256 GB SSD, 2 TB HDD, 8 GB RAM

caribiner23, this sounds great. Would you care to share the piece of Java code with us, plus whatever else you need to get it running on a web site? I have a web site and an iSight, but I am not a Java programmer. Could you share the code, and enlighten me on how to cause it to execute? Thanks!

My Macs: iMac 27" 3.4 GHz, Mac Pro 3.2 GHz, PowerMac G5 Quad 2.5 GHz, G4 Cube with 1.2 GHz Upgrade
My iStuff: 64GB iPhone 5, 64GB iPad4, 30GB iPod Video, 16GB iPod Touch
My OS': Mac OS X Lion, Mac OS X Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Tiger, Mac OS 9.2.2, openSUSE 10.3
I was on the Mac-Forums honor roll for September 2007
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Cleanup applications | iChat server timeout crash on Macbook »