New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Can't find Stuffit

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dahhwanger

dahhwanger is on a distinguished road

Hey I'm a newbie to the mac, just got a macbook pro. I'm trying to open a .bin file and i know stuffit can open it. When i open zip files off the interent it seems to open with stuffit. I can't seem to find the actual application on my computer so that i can open the .bin file. The default loader application is quicktime for some reason. I can't find the stuffit applciation anywhere
QUOTE Thanks
Reel1

Reel1 is a jewel in the roughReel1 is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac

I think you will need to download and instaall stuffit.

http://www.stuffit.com/mac/index.html
QUOTE Thanks
dahhwanger

dahhwanger is on a distinguished road

You're right... sorry.. i thought i had it on the comp cause it kept showing when i downloaded files
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

I made the same mistake when I got my Macbook. I kept selecting "Open file" when downloading a .bin file. Only after a Spotlight search did I realize I didn't have the program installed
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« QuickTime/front row. How to watch .AVI? | Will Imperial Glory run on the macbook? »