New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Mail Problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

smcmillian

okay... I am running a ibook 800 with 10.2.8 I have set up my email account. I can send mail to my other bellsouth account, but I cannot send it to any other accout, say yahoo. Hotmail. aol.. I have spent hours on the internet trying to get it to work. I have tried different ports. trashing my preferences. repairing permissions. making a new account and setting up a new one there. I've tried to make it where I use my username and password. it comes back saying that my smtp doesn't accept autorization. but it is funny to me that I can only send to the bellsouth server.. No other servers. I dont' know what to do... this is really confusing...
QUOTE Thanks
claven2

claven2 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook 1.83GHz C2D, 2Gig ram

it might be your isp. Some isp's require you to use only one SMTP server for outgoing mail. Try setting up your other accounts to use their unique POP incoming mail servers, but set all your accounts to use your bellsouth SMTP server for sending - should clear it up.
QUOTE Thanks
fyrman22

fyrman22 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano

This is how I have mine setup with bellsouth and can send and recieve fine hope it helps. I had lots of trouble setting mine up in the beginning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 1.jpg (37.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 2.jpg (52.1 KB, 4 views)

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Inquisitor | Flightchecking software? »