New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Azureus Help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

logic_user99

logic_user99 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8

Hi hi,

Now, before any moral high-horses are ridden into the night, I'm not trying to steal films or anything! I'm mearly confused as to why I can't download anything at all with this software, and need some help!

So; when I download a torrent from a website (I've got that far!) and boot into Az, my 'status' sticks on the yellow face. Apparently I have NAT issues. Although I've been a Mac user for a fair while, my networking expertise is somewhat lacking. :blind:

I've tried looking for help on Google, but canny find alot that help! Can anyone help me to get connected to some torrent downloads through Azureus?

I'm using OX10.4.8, and a PBG4.
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Assuming you're behind a router...check this out:
http://www.portforward.com/english/r...41/Azureus.htm

Or just use http://portforward.com and look up your router. You might need to set up a static address. If you're on cable like I am, try a different DNS server:
http://208.67.219.60/

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
MrJoshua

MrJoshua has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo

Yeah, Port Forwarding on your Router is most likely what you're missing.

Cheers

Josh (UK)
Fairly Recent Switcher
QUOTE Thanks
logic_user99

Router? Does that mean Airport?! Told you I was a n00b...

My 'set up' goes thusly...

ADSL2+ modem into Airport box...wireless to laptop. Disco.

I've not got a fixed IP addy, so I don't know what that would mean...! Eeb.
QUOTE Thanks
logic_user99

So, I've been looking at that port forwarding malarcky and it makes spit all sense to me!

I've got a Thomson Speedtouch 510 v6 modem, and have found the settings IP. Please can someone explain the process in baby speak? I'm not good at this kinda stuff, and want to get downloading a few bits n bobs...! Just to see if it works, of course!
QUOTE Thanks
cradom

cradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant futurecradom has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21in iMac core2 Duo- 13in macbook - 10.9 on both

Go here: http://www.portforward.com/english/r...me/Azureus.htm
It's not your modem you need to set, it's the airport. Note about halfway down the page it says you need a static ip address in your router/airport. Click that link to see how. If your isp doesn't have set DNS numbers, see my above post.

Craig Domingue - resident redneck.
“Never argue with an idiot. He will only bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.”, George Carlin
QUOTE Thanks
schweb

schweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond reputeschweb has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I would highly recommend Xtorrent instead, especially if you're not sure what you're doing with ports, etc. Xtorrent will auto-configure your Airport (as will Acquisition if you'd rather use that).

schweb | community leader
flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ » about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

QUOTE Thanks
locoender

locoender is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Black MacBook 2.0GHz Intel C2D 2GB RAM 120GB Hard Drive

I have a problem too, I can d/l things, but I cant seem to be able to upload, i believe that I opened the port that I use in the shearing preferences...any suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
logic_user99

Okies. I D/L'd XTorrent, and have got something downloading. However, the D/L rate is averaging 0.6kbps and I have a 16meg connection!

Anything I can do to rectify this?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« safari can only open once? | Illustrator Font Help »