New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

World of Warcraft Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Marl Huss

Marl Huss will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB

Sadly I cannot find anywhere which is specific about this, sorry.

Well I have been playing the WoW trial and it is quite fun, a nice distraction when I have nothing to do. However I cannot find anywhere which says if WoW comes on a hybrid disk (ala FM2007 which has both mac and PC on one disk) or if I would need to buy a special mac version. I know Apple sell it but they charge 34.99 last time I checked, while play.com sell it for 9.99.

http://play.com/Games/PC/4-/185225/W...t/Product.html

Anyone know? Any help is appreciated
QUOTE Thanks
andy.nico

andy.nico will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: eMac!

You can download it from the WoW website with a free 10 day trial.
Visit https://signup.worldofwarcraft.com/a...E40A06BA.app03

Saves you whether its 9.99 or 34.99 :-)
QUOTE Thanks
Marl Huss

Marl Huss will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB

I already played the trial, I thought it was a lot of fun :p, while I normally prefer more serious MMOs I found that WoW was much more pick up and play, it let me slow some time in and then walk away etc.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Yeah, they do come with both PC & Mac installer on one dvd disc or a couple disc spread across. But since you in the U.K., it might be different, but I don't see that that would be the case. I've never noticed any WoW discs that were one or the other. So you should be fine.

Side note: For the Horde!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Gps (maps) | Best media player for mac other than Itunes? »